Options

The beast wins again

helms20helms20 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
Ok so this is the second time that I have failed this test now. Failed with a 678 icon_evil.gif . The bad thing is that I really don't know what else to study. I felt confident at the end. According to my score report I need to work more on name resolution and network security.

Oh well going to take it 2 weeks from today. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to go about re-studying for this exam?

P.S Did anyone have a question on this exam that when they were dragging the options on the left side of the screen, and trying to drop on the right, the field you are trying to fill said FALSE inside of the highlight. I would dive into the question but don't want to violate the microsoft policy. Anyways if not I have challenged the question with Microsoft and will see what comes out of it.
"Our arrows will blot out the sun."
"Then we will fight in the shade."

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I also suggest people to post questions and why you think an answer was right (even though it was wrong) so we can try to understand where you are coming from but no one seems to do it. >_<

Grab a practice question that you got a wrong answer on and post it here and tell us why you thought the answer was right. (specifically from DNS and security)

A large part of Microsoft tests it to understand what the wrong answers are before figuring out the right answer. Sometimes the wrong way to approach a question can make these tests difficult.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    Mishra wrote:
    I also suggest people to post questions and why you think an answer was right (even though it was wrong) so we can try to understand where you are coming from but no one seems to do it. >_<

Thats a great idea. I will definately try that throughout the next two weeks and see how it goes.

BTW does anyone have a good resource for the MSBA options as I think that might have been one question that I answered wrong.

Thank you,
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    helms20 wrote:

Thats a great idea. I will definitely try that throughout the next two weeks and see how it goes.

BTW does anyone have a good resource for the MSBA options as I think that might have been one question that I answered wrong.

Thank you,

I hate to state the obvious here but.... Set up a lab and play around with MBSA. It's pretty straight forward once you have played around with it a few times.
  • Options

I hate to state the obvious here but.... Set up a lab and play around with MBSA. It's pretty straight forward once you have played around with it a few times.

Yeah I should have used it here at work, but I have been fixing the network since I started here and am just now getting more time to start implementing tools like this.
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I know I took this exam. I cannot remember if I took this exam twice, if I passed or failed it. What I can tell you is I remember the stupid interactive questions and thought they had glitches. After having to deal with those questions, I stopped taking MCP exams. Use Exam Cram2 and have experience in a working AD, you will be fine.
  • Options
    License2ILLLicense2ILL Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm glad to see someone else is challenging their questions.

I'm just getting started on what's widely known as the beast. Scary...this beast.....
  • Options
    primate08primate08 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took 70-291 today and passed - scored 921.
    I saw the "FALSE" Glitch highlighted in blue on one question, but I'm pretty sure I got that one right.

Download MBSA and play around with it. Go through and look at all the options - how to pick the computer you want to scan, check options, etc. Run it from the command line as well and look at the switches you can use.
  • Options
    mshilungamshilunga Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    work on your ,,implement,manage and maintain name resolution
    '' '' '' ''' routing and remote access
    network infrastructure

all in one DNS,DHCP ,,,,,,,,,install a server ,install DNS over and over see that it works well,,,,,pin to
    it see that it works well ,,,becaues some of the questions you will be geting them over and over but only with def =,
    once we’ve mastered the art of diligence, we can use it in any important area of our lives, in any endeavor or pursuit to achieve incredible outcomes.
  • Options
    primate08 wrote:
    I took 70-291 today and passed - scored 921.

Gratz.
    primate08 wrote:
    I saw the "FALSE" Glitch highlighted in blue on one question, but I'm pretty sure I got that one right.

I think I got it right too, but wanted to make sure as I only missed it by 22 points, it could swing the final score my way if the system is wrong.