Passed A+ OS today!! Now A+ Certified!!!

imeldesignimeldesign Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
:D The test was actually easier than I expected but still had seven questions that made me stop and think and only 3 I wasn't sure about my answers and one I had never seen in all the studying and practice exams. I used A+ All in One, TestOut (former employer bought them for me and let me take them), Preplogic and Transcender practice exams.

On to Network +

PS. Talked to the owner of the Testing Center while I was waiting for the exam and I will be teaching Adobe and Macromedia classes for them maybe tradeouts for some classes for MCSE...

Comments

• janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • catwinercatwiner Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed A+ hardware test and am getting ready to take OS part of exam. Took advice from this forum and bought Mike Meyers' 5th edition "All In One," as well as using free practice exams, etc. Although expensive, I think I'm going to buy Transcenders practice tests and flash cards but when I tried their demo, was suprised to find huge number of questions focusing on Server 2003. Haven't come across anything to do with Server 2003 in Mike Meyers, CompTia practice exams, etc. Do I need to be worried about this? Could Transcender's Server 2003 questions be geared for the next edition of OS test or is Server 2003 questions a big deal on current test? Don't have "hands-on" experience but took a "mini-course" in A+ at a local school based on elementK. Any help or insight would be appreciated - I'm shaking in my boots since every time I think I've got a grasp on this - it seems I run into more stuff I'm not familiar with and test deadline is approaching much too fast icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif .
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congratulations on the pass icon_thumright.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats to all on the pass, and best of luck as you continue to prepare!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • ARMYARMY Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats mate .

Army
  • jfbjfb Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed mine on the 20th.

I found it funny that on my report it said I would be receiving my certificate and package in 4-6 weeks.(what? Do they imprint it on stone and send it pony express, isn't this the information age? And aren't these guys the industry leaders?)

Anyway, received in the mail today(8 days later)
    Pretty cool, Official Certificate, and a card for the wallet and some junk mail.
  • imeldesignimeldesign Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had no server 2003 questions on the exam which surprised me since I heard transcender was supposed to be very close to the exam. Transcender's questions make you think a little more and you will "know that you know" the subject matter. The Preplogic exams, while cheaper, are more like the real exam questions I had. But, remember there is a pool of exam questions and I may have gotten the easier questions. I found that out in the A+ Hardware exam. I whizzed throught that one with only one question I know I answered wrong. Another person i this forum got a test with really hard questions....
    I bought both because I felt a little "weaker" in the os portions since most of my experience has only been win 98 support.