Two Ways to do CCVP - just updated from Cisco

alicicalicic Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
hallo,

I need to share this info with you

Building on the growing demand for IT Professionals with a strong networking background in Voice and Telephony technologies, Cisco has released an updated version of its popular CCVP® certification.
Cisco recognizes the increased importance placed on IT professionals responsible for integrating voice technology into underlying network architectures and has updated the CCVP curriculum to provide “real world” skills and development. Training focuses on creating a telephony solution that is transparent, scalable, and manageable.
Curriculum enhancements include:
o Updated hands on lab exercises develop practical skills needed for a successful Voice networking career
o Labs simulate more real-world, role based implementations
o Lab feedback loops help students verify in-class configuration
o Role of gateways and gatekeepers integrated throughout curriculum
o Addition of Cisco Unified Mobility including single number reach and mobile voice access
o Everything needed for both Single Site and Multi-site implementations
New: Two Paths Toward CCVP Certification
Cisco is now offering two paths towards CCVP certification due in large part to the continued popularity of its Cisco Unified CallManager 4.1 product as well as the Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0 product. The following courses and exams comprise the two paths towards CCVP certification:
For individuals utilizing Cisco Unified CallManager 4.1:
• Cisco Voice over IP (CVOICE), Exam # 642-436
• Cisco IP Telephony 4.1, Part 1 (CIPT1 4.1) and Cisco IP Telephony 4.1, Part 2 (CIPT2 4.1), Combination Exam # 642-444
• Implementing Cisco Voice Gateways and Gatekeepers (GWGK), Exam #642-453
• Quality of Service (QoS), Exam # 642-642
• Troubleshooting Cisco Unified Communications Systems (TUC), Exam #642-426
For individuals utilizing Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0:
• Cisco Voice over IP (CVOICE), Exam # 642-436
• Cisco IP Telephony 6.0, Part 1 (CIPT1 6.0), Exam #642-446
• Quality of Service (QoS), Exam # 642-642
• Cisco IP Telephony 6.0, Part 2 (CIPT2 6.0), Exam #¬642-456
• Troubleshooting Cisco Unified Communications Systems (TUC), Exam #642-426
Upon completion, candidates have the knowledge to validate a robust set of skills in implementing, operating, configuring, and troubleshooting advanced IP networks. If you’re ready for a new challenge, start preparing for your CCVP certification today.
Find out more about CCVP today at www.cisco.com/go/ccvp
Alicic

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Already talking about in this thread http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32338

hedhrts noticed some of the initial changes to the CCVP page. Then the official email went out.

I forget which web page had the interview with a Cisco person about the CCVP being updated for people with 35 to 40 years of experience icon_lol.gif That made me glad I already got my CCVP! icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Here it is icon_lol.gif
    http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com.au/topics/article.asp?DocID=1305977
    Ng said that while the program was aimed at more experienced professionals, it was tailored to bring even those without an IP voice background up to speed.

"We want the program to be appropriate for somebody with 35 to 40 years of experience," she said. "Our curriculum allows us to carry those individuals from older [non-IP] telecom experience to IP PBX."

I'll have to keep a closer eye on the e-newsletters I subscribe to from techtarget icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    mikej412 wrote:
    Already talking about in this thread http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32338

hedhrts noticed some of the initial changes to the CCVP page. Then the official email went out.

I forget which web page had the interview with a Cisco person about the CCVP being updated for people with 35 to 40 years of experience icon_lol.gif That made me glad I already got my CCVP! icon_lol.gif

Surely that has to be a typo! I know that HR folks get carried away with demanding lots of experience for their advertised jobs, but this is ridiculous.
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949
  • Poison ReversePoison Reverse Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Let me pull of the rest of these tests before Cisco pulls a one time on me I alraedy passed Cvoice and next is Qos in about 12 days. We'll see how that goes.
    I'm a CCVP, so whatchya sayin'?

[quote:e64f0204e0="damsel_in_tha_net"]Oh shoot! Is that Angel Eyes? :shock:.[/quote]
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote:

Surely that has to be a typo! I know that HR folks get carried away with demanding lots of experience for their advertised jobs, but this is ridiculous.

That is a lot of experience. I wonder if that was meant to be for people working in telecom for 30-40 years transitioning into VOIP.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sthomas wrote:
    mikej412 wrote:

That is a lot of experience. I wonder if that was meant to be for people working in telecom for 30-40 years transitioning into VOIP.

Yeah that was my interpertation also, but really, what use is 30-40 year old knowledge?
    The only easy day was yesterday!