Stop in cert fever?

2»

Comments

• garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Once he gets the CCIE after lots of hard work, can he just kind of relax and stop pursuing certs like crazy? Like can he just keep revising for the CCIE renewal and work at his job regularly. So can he get some peace from cert fever after the initial struggle?

Absolutely, as long as he keeps renewing his CCIE and is getting paid what he desires.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Snadam, you're always a favorite, but you just moved a notch higher on the chart. icon_cool.gif

its the cowboy hat, I know icon_lol.gif

and yes, I love supersize me. Very interesting documentary. I heard that film was the reason they dont offer the 'supersize' anymore.

I dont eat very much chocolate/candy/pastries, but im still a sucker for a big mac every now and then. But even now I dont really eat like that. It makes me sick...
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • AlexMRAlexMR Member Posts: 275
    I think the best way to get out of the "cert fever" or the cert "necessity" might be moving UP to project management or management in general. I am looking for a start to IT and I will dedicate this year to cisco and probably part of the next, to get to the CCVP and probably something else or further, but I will start my MBA studies next year, no doubt.

I know a lot of IT folks who get to the top of the food chain, into management and they practically stop the IT studies/certs...athough the true passionate geekslike most of us just will never stop i think... :D.
    Training/Studying for....CCNP (BSCI) and some MS.
  • tek-9tek-9 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well If you don't want to keep up with studying I am sorry to remind you that you are in the wrong field because technology is not at a standing point .
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Apparently the value of the CCIE is slipping too, so all you guys might as well just go work retail. ;)
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    So is the CCIE becoming less valuable or are the others just becoming more valuable?

It looks like eMeS is sitting pretty good. His cert list was the first time I'd seen Six Sigma mentioned. I need to get better acquainted with ITIL as well. I wonder if my wife would mind if I quit my job and just studied for a year or two...
  • Poison ReversePoison Reverse Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote:
    Apparently the value of the CCIE is slipping too, so all you guys might as well just go work retail. ;)

fuq it i'll take 93,000
    I'm a CCVP, so whatchya sayin'?

[quote:e64f0204e0="damsel_in_tha_net"]Oh shoot! Is that Angel Eyes? :shock:.[/quote]
  • 46and246and2 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote:

fuq it i'll take 93,000

LOL. Plus, it's all relative. I make slightly below the "average" CCIE salary, according to some of the surveys. But I live in Oklahoma. You can live really well in Oklahoma for 90-100K. Now take 90K in San Fran, Silicon Valley, NYC, etc, and it's a different story. As always, perspective makes a difference.
  • stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote:

haha what is this Dice.com forums
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore