Options

Server+ Book - Has anyone used this one before?

AnwardAnward Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi everybody

I'm currently studying for my security + exam, but due to my proactive nature i decided to source books for server+ and Linux+ as i want to tackle those 2 after the security+.

I have already gotten the server+ certification bible and a friend of mines sent me a copy of the Que Publishers Upgrading and Repairing Servers by Scott Mueller, i have check comptia site for recommended text but this book is not on their list. Ive scanned through the content and its well up to date it was written in 2005. Ive notice from previous thread that this book has not being mentioned has anybody read this book before and how does it compare to a the others in terms of content and understandability.

Thanx in advance
Remember that when things seems to be going against you, remember that the plane takes off against the wind and not with it

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I seem to recall scanning it at the bookstore but wasn't impressed. I ended up buying the Sybex book.

More importantly, you have it in hand....what do you think of it? How does the material work with your understanding of the Objectives? AND if you have questions on material from the objectives, how well does the book answer those questions for you?

I recommend at least 2 sources regardless, so it's probably a fine 'second' choice, but no....I didn't buy that one either (and not because it wasn't listed on a recommendation list).
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    AnwardAnward Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanx for the info
    Remember that when things seems to be going against you, remember that the plane takes off against the wind and not with it