Options

Keyboard not responding at startup! How do i enable my USB?

mulendemamulendema Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
i have a 256md pentium 3 machine running on winxp. three weeks ago it stopped showing the keyboard lights when it starts up and says "press F1 to continue or DEL to enter Bios", but then i cannot press the keys because the keyboard is not recognized (it seems the PS/2 port is burnt.) How do i enable USB at startup, when i cannot get into BIOS? I tried a uSB keyboard but it could not be recognized as well, i thought there is need to enable it in BIOS because default is DISABLED.

Comments

• Options
    STexamsSTexams Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The fact that you are getting the F1 to enter at start up tells me that you have a hardware failure someplace. Have you tried a standard PS2 keyboard?
    Freddy
    Free Online Exams and Tutorials
    http://www.stexams.com
  • Options
    Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    Honestly, at the price of PS2 keyboards nowa days, I would just buy one or get one from a friend and test it. But, like ST said, it sound's like a hardware problem.
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I believe the fella is saying that the port for the PS/2 keyboard is not working--not the connector on the PS/2 board cord. Is that correct?

However, if you have a bad PS/2 keyboard, or connector, or cable, that's probably the problem. I would assume that you've tried a different PS/2 keyboard already?
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki