Scheduled My Test UPdate:Passed

MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
Well I scheduled my 70-291 for this Friday. I haven't really been studying much recently. I need to take a day off from work and Friday was the only date that prometric had recently that I could take. I was going to schedule it for Monday and study the whole weekend.

Due to the second shot being around, I really don't mind giving it a go so early.

Can I really not see any confirmation of my second shot voucher ANYWHERE after I scheduled my test?? I don't see it on the email confirmation, nor on the website.
My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!

Comments

• JayrodEFJayrodEF Member Posts: 111 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck, I just scheduled mine for April 7th. First day that I had off that was open at prometric. I used the second shot voucher as well, but I don't believe you recieve confirmation of anything. Since you're not actually paying with a voucher, it doesn't really apply. You should be good as long as you typed in the voucher number though.
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Good luck!

Just make sure that if you fail the exam, that you use the same "2nd shot" code you used the first time.
  • TechnowizTechnowiz Member Posts: 211
    Good luck with yours! I have mine scheduled for Saturday. It's crunch time!
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    good luck to you all
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck mishra!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You can call and have them verify it. When I entered mine, I went back and intentionally entered a wrong one just to see if it would give me an error, which it did. I agree that it is kind of unsettling that they just silently accept it. Good luck on your exam.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone.

When "security" is mentioned what do you guys usually see?

I'm going to study a bit more on network monitor
    I'm guessing IIS security can slip in there
    MBSA which I've ran before but I have no idea what kind of questions they are going to ask for this one so I don't really know what "I should know"
    what is "Implement the principle of least privilege."
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-291.mspx
    what do I need to know about Kerberos support tools... as security is my weakest subject, I probably should know more about Kerberos in the first place

Kind of funny because asking what security meant on the 270 was my first post.

You may learn something!
    Off the top of my head, security templates, IPSec, MSBA, group policy settings, kerberos, security-related command-line utilities, WSUS, etc.

Principle of least privilege is just what it sounds like. Don't give someone more privileges than are necessary for the tasks they're doing. If you need someone to manage user accounts, reset passwords, etc., don't make them an administrator, just use delegation to give them the privileges they need to do their job.
    dynamik wrote:
    Off the top of my head, security templates, IPSec, MSBA, group policy settings, kerberos, security-related command-line utilities, WSUS, etc.

Principle of least privilege is just what it sounds like. Don't give someone more privileges than are necessary for the tasks they're doing. If you need someone to manage user accounts, reset passwords, etc., don't make them an administrator, just use delegation to give them the privileges they need to do their job.

"principle of least privilege" just seems like a weird thing to mention. You learn that lesson with any Microsoft test. And MS usually don't try and teach you good baseline IT morals you kinda figure it out for yourself.

You may learn something!
    I don't think you'll get a question asking you about it point-blank. It's likely they'll mix it with a scenario. i.e. so and so needs to be able to do this, what do you need to do in order to allow him to do his job?

a. delegate authority
    b. add to administrators group
    etc.
    etc.

I'm sure a lot of people who aren't familiar with the concept would just be like, "Oh, administrators can do that, so I'll add him to that group," without really thinking the question through. It's just something to be aware of.
  • dazzy90dazzy90 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck for Friday Mishra!

I have mine scheduled for Tuesday next week. I too have the 2nd shot voucher but do NOT intend on using it!!

From what i gather DNS, SUS, IP addressing, and IPSec are covered a lot on the exam.

good luck and lets hope you (and all the others who have contributed to this thread) pass!!!!
    /Life is just a moment
    I scored a 747 on my test which was below what I wanted.

I only got ONE sim!!! This was not cool because I enjoy the sims and do well on them due to my lab studies.

What should you study?

IPsec
    VPNs
    RRAS
    IP addressing/subnetting
    WSUS
    Network Monitor
    IP Security Monitor
    IPsec policy management

And last but not least!!!
    DHCP and DNS

thats right I only got about 10-15 questions on DNS and DHCP out of 47 questions... Most of the questions were from above. Probably why I didn't do so good as I studied hard and have good experience in DNS and DHCP.

You may learn something!
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice job Mishra. icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good job mishra! I figured Ill take anything greater than a 699 on this thing. Looks like youre one elective shy of MCSA, so whats it gonna be?

CONGRATS AGAIN :D
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    I'm actually going to take my 70-293 next. I have access to books24x7 so I have the Syngress book available to me. I'm probably going to glance at the MSPress book too just because I do enjoy the way they explain things.

Then after that I will take the 70-284 for my MCSA. I'll take my 70-294 next (this is the one I'm most looking forward to) then 70-297.

I'll go for the messaging title but I may wait until I get the CCENT and maybe a Linux cert before I get that.

You may learn something!
    Congrats Mishra.

Good luck with 293.
  • TechnowizTechnowiz Member Posts: 211
    Nice job! A pass is a pass! I'm taking mine in the morning.
    Technowiz wrote:
    Nice job! A pass is a pass! I'm taking mine in the morning.

Saturday morning? I hate taking exams hungover drunken_smilie.gif

Good luck.
  • KrankKrank Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Mishra!

Looks like I still have to study before the test. I scheduled it for wednesday morning and actually I don't feel so confident like the previous ones but I have some pressure over me. I'll try not to depend on the second shot.