CCVP in '08

Is anyone besides myself shooting for his CCVP in 2008? I'm hoping to have at least two of the tests under my belt by May; then I'll divide and conquer the other three by year's end. icon_exclaim.gif
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'll be starting QoS after ONT. Have to knock out ISCW before that, so probably about three or four months from now I'll be starting on my CCVP.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • CucumberCucumber Member Posts: 192
    Same here. I need to pass my ONT and ISCW.
    Then I will start the CCVP, Im planning to get it this year. :D
    I hate pandas
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Addison wrote:
    xxxxxxxxxx not for cram just as a guide.(bTW i heard lot saying "abbreviated version of XXXXXX" has errors, but can use as a guide of questions i guess.)
    Just a reminder -- this is a thead of who's going to STUDY and EARN the CCVP this year.

We don't really give a damn about the people who plan to ****

Addison wrote:
    Because of people like you, some can,t even have a good conversation at this forum. We don,t need your help at this conversation about CCVP.
    We don't consider posting about using **** to **** as good conversation here.

Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    **** are for lamers. Stay out of my server room.
  • pullin-gspullin-gs Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What's a ****? (Seriously, I dont know).
    pullin-gs wrote:
    What's a ****? (Seriously, I dont know).

Most likely corrupt test centers stealing exam questions (recording exam sessions) and then selling the pool of exam questions on the internet as practice exams or study guides to people who want to ****.

The marketing also catches some first time test takers who are amazed that the "practice questions" matched the "real questions" -- then some realize what they are, but others embrace them as an easy way to get their certifications.

I've found a simple phone interview can weed out most of the CHEATERS from the people who actually studied and learned the exam topics.

Discussions about **** don't last too long here since eventually some idiot crawls out of the woodwork and start to justify their use -- the tests are expensive -- the tests aren't fair -- the tests are too hard -- the tests don't reflect what I need to know -- my boss wants me to get the certification but I don't need it -- my job requires me to get the certification but I don't need to know the stuff -- I'm too lazy to study -- I don't plan on doing any real work so I don't need to know this stuff -- one of my co-workers will really study so (s)he can do my job for me..... etc.

Here's the old article where Microsoft finally sued one of the **** providers
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16764

And quote from one of the few "**** threads" or "**** rants" that's still here
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22394
    sprkymrk wrote:
    pasajohn wrote:
    Hi, I am new to the certification process. I do have my MCP and am pursuing my MCSA. I am enrolled in an IT academy, but please someone help me out here. Maybe this is a stupid question, but I beg your patience. What is a brain ****?

No problem, check out these links for your answer:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_****

http://www.mcmcse.com/articles/braindumps.shtml
  • Poison ReversePoison Reverse Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ok guys i need some help for people who got their CCVPs
    I am a CCNA certified person and I just got a new job dealing with VOIP.

I would like to know what was your path .. like the order. I'm looking to do a test like every tthree months.
    I'm a CCVP, so whatchya sayin'?

[quote:e64f0204e0="damsel_in_tha_net"]Oh shoot! Is that Angel Eyes? :shock:.[/quote]
    Sweet! icon_thumright.gif
    I would like to know what was your path .. like the order. I'm looking to do a test like every tthree months.
    Check out these threads:

Order in working towards CCVP

ONT vs QoS

You'd probably want to do CVOICE first to get the VoIP overview, then plan from there based on what you need for work.

Good Luck! icon_cool.gif
  • CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    Ok guys i need some help for people who got their CCVPs

I"m curious as to how you were able to get a job working in VoIP without your CCVP already. You clearly fell in the cream jar. :P
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949
  • CADCAD Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Going for CCVP completion in the first half of 08' - just passed 642-444 this week ,

and as we speak (or read / write ? this is confusing...)
    got my cucm 6.0.1 running on vmware , this rocks :D

ITP is fun stuff
    /CAD
    IPT is fun !
    CAD
    mikej412 wrote:
    Sweet! icon_thumright.gif
    Check out these threads:

Order in working towards CCVP

ONT vs QoS

You'd probably want to do CVOICE first to get the VoIP overview, then plan from there based on what you need for work.

Good Luck! icon_cool.gif

Thanks a lot I appreciate the help ! :D Now its time to do some damage icon_twisted.gif
    I was thinking if i start now and stay focusesd i could get ccvp by September/October

What you guys think?
    I'm at 0 right now in my pursuit. Fresh start

[quote:e64f0204e0="damsel_in_tha_net"]Oh shoot! Is that Angel Eyes? :shock:.[/quote]
    I was thinking if i start now and stay focusesd i could get ccvp by September/October

What you guys think?
    At 2 months per exam you shouldn't have to breath too heavy to accomplish it.

The old IPTT exam added some material that wasn't covered in the other exams, but with TUC you'd probably still benefit from printing out the exam blueprint and consulting it regularly while studying for the other exams -- paying particular attention to the verification and troubleshooting commands as you study.

The same with CVOICE. You learn a lot of background information and the basics about the interfaces and the configurations, and what you need to do to use CallManager, Gateways and Gatekeepers, so look ahead at the CIPT and GWGK exam blueprints to get a better feel what you'll be covering in detail later. And they pay extra special attention to those topics while you're working on CVOICE.

Since TUC only has the Reference Sheets listed on the Cisco Press CCVP page, you might want to get all the Reference Sheets "up front" and use those to guide your study. If its in the reference sheets and the exam blueprint, assume its something you should know well.

CBT Nuggets has nuggets for the CVOICE and the QOS exams, so if you're a "video person," you might want to consider those.

You can also checkout NMC (www.netmasterclass.com) and take a look at the CVoice Video-on-Demand (follow the LEARNiT - CVOICE link on the home page) Outline. It seems focused on the configurations you should learn in CVOICE (and some you'll also be using later). And they seem to still have their "summer special."
  • AddisonAddison Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I could not visit this forum for a long time.... But realized the right way to study tx guys....
    So i got in to deep studying now..and like a hibernating bear..Cvoice coming up wish me good luck
    CCVP here I come
  • Rob_DanRob_Dan Inactive Imported Users Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My plan of CCVP is to finish Cvoice in March. i am familiar with this and easier than other modules.

then complete the other 4 within this year...

having abt 4 hours study time on weekdays and Saturday, week end class, plus Sunday dedicated for practicing....

icon_rolleyes.gif hmmm i guess i can pull through...

Any one who already passed Cvoice any advice?
    Bummer - I had signed up for two CCVP-related courses at my local college - QoS and VoIP, which were getting me started on the road to a CCVP. Due to home circumstances, distance, class load/pace, and other factors, I'm gonna have to drop the QoS. icon_sad.gif I was never seeing my kids and due to studying every free moment in order to keep up with the assignments, I was inching toward burnout. I think just having the one class will enable me to focus better, speed up my studying, and even give me enough slivers of free time that I could actually see my family from time to time.

In any event, still sailing for the CCVP shores.
  • Rob_DanRob_Dan Inactive Imported Users Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Bummer - I had signed up for two CCVP-related courses at my local college - QoS and VoIP, which were getting me started on the road to a CCVP. Due to home circumstances, distance, class load/pace, and other factors, I'm gonna have to drop the QoS. icon_sad.gif I was never seeing my kids and due to studying every free moment in order to keep up with the assignments, I was inching toward burnout. I think just having the one class will enable me to focus better, speed up my studying, and even give me enough slivers of free time that I could actually see my family from time to time.

In any event, still sailing for the CCVP shores.

Hmm in my case bit lucky.... have only to see the girl friend lol .... and once a month home visit to my parents, rest of the time is free for study..plus attend cvoice course on Saturday.
  • AlexMRAlexMR Member Posts: 275
    I have decided I am going after the CCVP this year!! Hopefully I will be able to do it before the year's end, but I am not sure. Right now a few things in my career are not defined and I dont know the pace my IT formation will have. That will depend mostly in something that is going on with my current profession and with how good of a job i find in IT to get started (which shouldnt be all that hard here in Dominican Republic).

After I get the CCNA, which should be in late March, I am going to start preparing for the CWNA and after that it's the CCVP. I was considering the CCNP first but after having talked to a couple Cisco guys they convinced me to get going with the voice path...I have read many times that it is adviceable to start with the CCNP but it is not required at all. Im going to give it a try, after passing BCMSN..

That is the plan: icnd1, icnd2, CWNA, BCMSN, and then the CCVP path.
    Training/Studying for....CCNP (BSCI) and some MS.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Why take the BCMSN if aren't going for the CCNP?

I'd skip it and go for the CCVP exams if that is your goal. Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    Hey i'm taking CVOICE on the 29th wish me luck

CVOICE on the 29th
    Good Luck! icon_cool.gif

Hopefully you'll get all the easy questions on the exam icon_lol.gif
    Trampled that **** with a 987!

I'm doing Qos next cuz someone gave me that book and they have a cbt nuggets for it then i'll do gwgk

I'm doing Qos next cuz someone gave me that book and they have a CBT Nuggets for it then i'll do gwgk

Ok, so I gotta ask, since CVoice will be my first - how extensive did you feel this test was compared to the CCNA 801 (or 802)? I had to study my butt off for my CCNA, it covered so much material; I'm hoping that this one won't be quite as extensive (deeper, yes). I'm chomping at the bit to get at it.

Btw, awesome score! bowing.gif
    Trampled that ****
    Congratulations on the Trample! :D

I'm doing Qos next cuz someone gave me that book and they have a <a href=http://www.cbtnuggets.com/techexams target=”_blank”>CBT Nuggets</a> for it then i'll do gwgk

Ok, so I gotta ask, since CVoice will be my first - how extensive did you feel this test was compared to the CCNA 801 (or 802)? I had to study my butt off for my CCNA, it covered so much material; I'm hoping that this one won't be quite as extensive (deeper, yes). I'm chomping at the bit to get at it.

Btw, awesome score! bowing.gif

To tell you the truth I think these tests are going to be a lot more easier because it goes deeper into topics instead of jumping around like the ccna does so you're learning more about one thing and spending time with it so its easier to remember some of the logic.

Thanks !

• damsel_in_tha_netdamsel_in_tha_net Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    felisitasyon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icon_wink.gif
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□

Must be a technical term that I was unaware of! :Dicon_wink.gif Congrats!
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

felisitasyon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icon_wink.gif

icon_confused.gif

lol thanks

• KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am scheduled to take Cvoice on Monday.. Any last minute advice? Got to admit this test has me kinda nervious.. dunno why Ive been working with this for over a year now and been studying pretty hard last month.
    Kelkin wrote:
    Any last minute advice?
    Reschedule if you haven't studied, learned, and practiced all the hands on tasks from the CVOICE Exam Blueprint icon_eek.gif

BREATHE!! BREATHE!!! While I'm actually not kidding about that, I did want to wish you Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif

If you've been doing voice stuff hands-on for the past year, you should hopefully be okay.
    Kelkin wrote:
    I am scheduled to take Cvoice on Monday.. Any last minute advice? Got to admit this test has me kinda nervious.. dunno why Ive been working with this for over a year now and been studying pretty hard last month.
    '

Read the refernce guide like 4 times to cement the foundational parts
    look at cbt nuggets
    and wha mike said