Best study materials for 70-298?

The MS press book doesn't have very good ratings on Amazon. Anyone have recommendations for the 70-298 exam?

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I have the book for 70-298, and I think it's pretty good. Roberta Bragg is a little quirky but she's a good writer and her security-knowledge is solid. I can't speak for any other sources, but I thought it was worth buying.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's been a pretty painful read for me so far. I'm probably 1/4 to 1/3 through it. It seems like it could have been condensed quite a bit. The organization doesn't seem to be the best either. For example, the part I just read was going over various design considerations, and it covered IPSec for a bit. Then it went off to a few different topics, and then it came back with a few IPSec details. This was all in the same section. Why not cover IPSec all at once? There's nothing terrible with this book, but it could have been a lot better. Plus, there hasn't been any hands-on work like the other MS books (and I'm not anticipating any), so it's a lot of uninterrupted reading. I might use CBT Nuggets as my primary source and just go back over the book quickly and jot down notes. It's not keeping my attention at all.

It's funny you brought this up. I was actually going to start a thread to see if anyone else had any better resources for 298.
  • techster79techster79 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I prepared for 299 and 298 at the same time. I read the MSPress 299 book from cover to cover, and only briefly skimmed though 298. If you are planning on taking 299 at all, I would just study that and be familar with design considerations(Business Requirements, Technical Requirements). I found I was well prepared with 299 study and taking a few practice case studies.
    Studying for MCSE: Server Infrastructure (70-414 left)