Options

BCMSN passed! score 875

telco1telco1 Banned Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
hey guys,

I passed the BCMSN! score 875! two tests down two to go!

this was the third attempt for me on the BCMSN!

the second try I missed it by only 8 points! the wireless questions killed me! but I re-studied and came back well! only ISCW and ONT left!

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    3rd time's a charm, eh?

Way to hang in there; that 8-point fail must have been bitter. I suppose there was no way you could quit after such a narrow miss though.

Congratulations and good luck with the last two!
  • Options
    telco1telco1 Banned Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    3rd time's a charm, eh?

Way to hang in there; that 8-point fail must have been bitter. I suppose there was no way you could quit after such a narrow miss though.

Congratulations and good luck with the last two!

thanks Dynamik! it was bitter missing the exam by such a narrow margin. I had already knew the basic switching fundamentals like Vlans, DTP, trunking, 802.1Q, ISL, VTP, STP, RSTP, redundancy,etc..
    I had to really study the new material the voice, security and all the wireless. I took the BSCI first and aced that one! passed with a 90 percent, I figured Ide breeze through the BCMSN, but the first time I failed with a 750. ouch. with BSCI I took the course at my local college and had plenty of lab time using our classroom study lab network. did all labs and case studies, combine that with the cisco press book, Lab guide, and CBT nuggets, and I aced that sucka!

but the routing I know very well, I figured the switching would be alot easier since I already knew the fundamentals! boy was I wrong. becuase Of all the new material that exam was very hard! alot of wireless questions! the last time I really focues on re-reading the wireless portion. and finally I passed! phew! Im actually already in the midst of the ISCW coarse!
  • Options
    mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took this exam about 3 months ago so that way I know what was on it when I tought it.
    Funny though i do recall a question that was not even wrote in english, litterly i didnt know
    what it was asking... It was like some one took the words from the question and played scrabble

The comment button is your best friend ;) Its the only way to indirectly cuss Cisco out... haha
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    CucumberCucumber Member Posts: 192
    Oh man, those wireless questions, Cisco should give us a CWNA along with the CCNP icon_lol.gif .
    I hate pandas
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I had one of those 8 point fails myself back when I took the CCNA. You know you'll pass on the retake when you're that close, but who wants to shell out another $150?
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats and good luck on ISCW and ONT!!!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    c0d3_w0lfc0d3_w0lf Member Posts: 117
    Congratulations! Third time is definitely a charm!

The BCMSN is the one I'm workin' on now...I'm hoping to pass on my first attempt, but I still got a ways to go before I'm ready to sit for it.

Good luck with the next ones!
    There is nothing that cannot be acheived.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, sounds like you really worked hard on this one. Good luck on the next two exams.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats good luck with the other two :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Congratz!!

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Netwurk wrote:
    Congrats on the pass! I had one of those 8 point fails myself back when I took the CCNA. You know you'll pass on the retake when you're that close, but who wants to shell out another $150?

I hear ya, paying for these tests multiple times sucks. Getcertify4less vouchers are pretty cheap though, but they are only goor for about a week. It's fine if you know when you're ready and I found it made me study even harder once I bought the voucher.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    romainromain Member Posts: 222
    Congratulations icon_exclaim.gif
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs