Pass NETWORK plus whats' next ???? HELP

franco67franco67 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
Plus my network + cert, i wanted to know whats' next for me any suggestion.

i don't have A+ should i take A+ or just jump to Microsoft XP or Vista...... please help.

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You need to tell us what your goals are or what you hope to accomplish with your certification. Without that, we would just toss a coin.

Do you want any entry level job, do you want to learn new skills, get a networking job, acomputer repair job, help desk job, etc.?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • franco67franco67 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Plus my network + cert, i wanted to know whats' next for me any suggestion.

i don't have A+ should i take A+ or just jump to Microsoft XP or Vista...... please help.
    ==========================================================

I'm currently working as a tech right now. work i VLANs and active dirrectory and etc.. i just wanna know what i need todo to build up my resume for future reference more buck for my $alary expectation.. I'm thinking of taking A+ not sure thou, or just skip to Microsoft
  • pookerpooker Member Posts: 129 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Are you around cisco equipment you might be interested in the ccna
    I wanna be ccie
    If you already have a foot in the door somewhere and want resume padding, I would jump to the MS track (if that is what you currently use).

Other options - if you plan on getting MCSA you could do the A+ to combine that with Net+ for an elective, but it's 2 exams and doesn't have any real value-add in your situation (ie. - already working). The Sec+, though, would count as a stand-alone elective for either MCSA or MCSE and also opens some doors on it's own.

Lots of other options, but I think the MS and Sec+ would be a good choice.
  • franco67franco67 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    YES I'M AROUND CISCO THATS' ALL WE USED AT WORK.
    currently sit next to a cisco administrator with ccna really interesting stuff.
  • stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    If you already have a foot in the door somewhere and want resume padding, I would jump to the MS track (if that is what you currently use).

Other options - if you plan on getting MCSA you could do the A+ to combine that with Net+ for an elective, but it's 2 exams and doesn't have any real value-add in your situation (ie. - already working). The Sec+, though, would count as a stand-alone elective for either MCSA or MCSE and also opens some doors on it's own.

Agreed but since you're privileged to have Cisco equip. at your current job I would def. recommend going the Cisco route if you have any interest in that.
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
    stlsmoore wrote:
    sprkymrk wrote:

Agreed but since you're privileged to have Cisco equip. at your current job I would def. recommend going the Cisco route if you have any interest in that.

Yeah, he mentioned vlans and AD in his answer to my question. VLANs could be anything, but AD is MS only, so that was what I based my answer on. Oh well, it looks like he can't go wrong with whatever he decides to pursue.