Poorly Worded

apreston48apreston48 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
when you guys say the test has several questions that are "poorly worded", can you explain a little further as to what you mean by that??

poorly as in it was so bad you almost thought it was a different answer??

is it that way just so they force you to focus in on the question at hand?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    They try to be so neutral that they absolutely resist using a Microsoft word and it makes the question sound different to what they meant.

That and sometimes the questions are borderline gibberish with semi-conflicting answers. Most questions are OK though but for Security+ its high passing score and you like not have to put up with that.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    vagueness and redundancy are two words that come to mind for me.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    I used 2 textbooks, 2 practice tests, and Technotes. After reading some of the questions, you say to yourself, "Huh? What are they asking? I think they mean this, but they might mean that." You look at the answers for clues. Both A & B can be right, depending on the situation. C is definitely a wrong answer, and (if lucky) D can be eliminated because it's ridiculous. In the real world you would narrow down the answer by asking good follow-up questions. Unfortunately, no such option exists for the test. Often you must choose what they regard as the "best answer" even if two are right. Argh! Expect to miss some questions because of this. Therefore, it is even more imperative to know all of the objectives backwards and forwards.
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • apreston48apreston48 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    all very good and all very informative responses, thanks everyone!

It helps to be that much more prepared going in.
  • Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I only remember 1 question in particular that was very hard to understand. I actually think the question had a typo.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    Tyrant1919 wrote:
    I only remember 1 question in particular that was very hard to understand. I actually think the question had a typo.

That's terrible.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
    It may have been a typo, it may have not been. But if they were trying to ask what I thought they asked, I would have used a completely different word. I narrowed it down to two answers, each answer depended on how I interpreted the question. Was it a typo or not?

I can't concieve how a test like this would have hard to answer questions because of wording. I'm sure a hundred people look at these questions before they make it to my local Vue. I wouldn't throw it out though.

Since I'm not the only person to think some question are worded weird, I think that something may have been missed. If they only had a comment section on the test before you recieved your score, to comment on specific questions.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    CCNA
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When I took the Security+ back in '06 there where a few poorly worded/obscure questions on the exam but the rest of the questions where fairly straight foward. I would assume that they have updated the question pool for the Sec+ by now and they are planning on doing a major update to the Sec+ in the not to distant future.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    sthomas wrote:
    When I took the Security+ back in '06 there where a few poorly worded/obscure questions on the exam but the rest of the questions where fairly straight foward. I would assume that they have updated the question pool for the Sec+ by now and they are planning on doing a major update to the Sec+ in the not to distant future.

I also took the Security+ in '06 and found that only a few questions were poorly worded, like sthomas said, the majority of the exam was straight forward.
    Yeah, just that 1 question was off for me. 1% is acceptable.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    CCNA
  • apreston48apreston48 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    great, i feel alot better now! I'm scheduled and ready for next Thursday!