Options

2nd Interview need advice

jamajamajamajama Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have somehow made it too the 2nd interview with the future employer, an a consulting group thats in the health and technology sector. I been wanting take the next step from my current job as PC Technician at Gateway for 11mths to a job that will elevate my job experience. So this Help Desk I job that I had applied at Tekesystems is the next step that I have been wanting to take.

I did not want too wreck a good opportunity that has presented itself. So I need some valuble advise to hopfully succeed. I am currently working on my preparation for interview, I have done alot of research on the company and prepared to ask question about the company/my role as help desk.

I also notice when looking at their Website they posted the same identical job requirements under two job titles on being Help Desk and the other Call Center Agent. So could that be an HR error !!!

It could be something I can ask about it in the interview (maybe)?

I am really exciteded about this opportunity so any advice you guyz provide I would gladly appreciate & welcome !!!

Comments

• Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So you're working through tek-systems and they are sending you to interview with this consulting group? I work with Tek-systems as well and they got me a job, but only when I showed that I was determined to get the job done.

Be yourself, dress appropriately and make a good first impression(otherwise you're screwed), study up on the job skills(outlook, printers, etc...whatever they have down in the description).

Carry a pen on you, maybe in your shirt pocket to look snazzy and have paper on hand along with copies of your resume.

Sounds like you are more of a desktop support guy like me, than helpdesk. I avoid helpdesk.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    If you go for the pen in the shirt pocket bit make sure sure SURE that it is not broken and leaking.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    shawn, you've got red on you !!!
    rm -rf /
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Standing tall and look good. Most 2nd interview is either you or next one on line. Relax and think before you answer any questions. Mostly they already like you, but usually 2nd interview host by higher position manager. This is only according to the normal 2nd interview, but in IT field. It can be anyone.

So, be yourself and look good.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    Thanks for helpful responses, I thought i'll add the job description because I am kind of confused with the job title helpdesk or call center agent which one is it ?
    Even though it sounds like Helpdesk II job description
    I personally think starting of with 14 an hour is kind of low for what they demand of you to do, but I need to gain experience so I can't complain.
    what kind of question do you thing I would face when it comes to the technicial experience ?
    By the way whatz up with MVR background check !!!

Helpdesk Call Center Agent
    Job Type: Full-Time
    Job Description:
    The Customer Support Center (CSC) is responsible for answering Tier 1 and some Tier 2 IT related support calls from Client Sites. This position will be responsible for facilitating the work flow of the Support Center. The CSC position requires significant knowledge in Customer processes, standards, trouble shooting techniques, event management, plus a high level of general IT Knowledge. The position will use CSC tools such as Remedy, CIC by I3, Primus Knowledgebase, VM-Ware and various remote support tools. In addition, the individual in this position must be able to facilitate the problem escalation process by bringing together the appropriate fix agents including both internal and external subject matter experts. They will facilitate the communication to all interested parties from start of the event to closure. They must be able to establish priorities and effectively manage time to complete their duties within specified timeframes. They must Provide Level 1 support and work with senior engineers in problem resolution.

Education and or Experience:
    A minimum of 6 months experience in an Information Technology Support Center Environment is required. Advanced knowledge and experience in Microsoft OS and software, skill in providing problem resolution is required. Candidates for this position should have a strong dedication to quality customer support, accompanied by very good verbal, written, interpersonal and communication skills. They should possess professional and courteous telephone etiquette, while having the ability to work in a team oriented environment, dealing effectively with customers, peers and management. Candidates will have a high level of problem solving skills and inherent decision making ability, good initiative and assertiveness. The candidate will need to be able to work under stress in a fast paced environment. Good Candidates will have the ability to identify and or correct problems occurring in a complex computing environment. A basic understanding of the use of microcomputer systems is required to effectively provide initial system telephone support services. Experience in the Health Care Field would also be very desirable.

Other Desirable Technology skills/experience:
    Research, resolve, and respond to questions received via telephone calls, emails, voice mails and callbacks in accordance with company standards. Escalate problems to appropriate individual based on established guidelines and procedures. Maintain current knowledge of relevant network systems to provide technically sound troubleshooting solutions. Perform diagnosis on both hardware and software issues to implement and resolve issues. Effectively diagnose defective/damaged equipment (laptops & desktops).

Experience in one or more of the following platforms:
    Windows (Server & Desktop Operating Systems), Novell, Microsoft Applications, GroupWise, and Remedy. Remote Desktop access: Citrix, Altiris, LANDesk Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); Experience providing support in a help desk environment preferred; Experience in one of the following platforms: Windows (Server & Desktop Operating Systems), Novell, Microsoft Applications, GroupWise, and Remedy. Remote Desktop access: Citrix, Altiris, LANDesk. Must be flexible with a “can do” attitude and have the ability to remain professional under high pressure situations; Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives; Must be self-motivated and have the independence, initiative and desire to achieve; Outstanding time management skills; Must possess strong problem resolution skills; Must have the ability to manage various projects at a time and have the flexibility to change directions immediately; Must be willing to cross-train into other areas; Must be able to work nights and weekends as needed; Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate in both writing and verbally; Excellent written, proofreading, and verbal communication skills; Must be detail oriented, organized, and have the ability to multi-task; Ability to retain and protect confidential material; Criminal and MVR backgrounds meet our company hiring criteria.

Candidates must meet the basic requirements of this position in order to be considered an applicant.
  • Options
    Thanks for helpful responses, I thought i'll add the job description because I am kind of confused with the job title helpdesk or call center agent which one is it ?
    Even though it sounds like Helpdesk II job description
    I personally think starting of with 14 an hour is kind of low for what they demand of you to do, but I need to gain experience so I can't complain.
    what kind of question do you thing I would face when it comes to the technicial experience ?
    By the way whatz up with MVR background check !!!

Helpdesk Call Center Agent
    Job Type: Full-Time
    Job Description:
    The Customer Support Center (CSC) is responsible for answering Tier 1 and some Tier 2 IT related support calls from Client Sites. This position will be responsible for facilitating the work flow of the Support Center. The CSC position requires significant knowledge in Customer processes, standards, trouble shooting techniques, event management, plus a high level of general IT Knowledge. The position will use CSC tools such as Remedy, CIC by I3, Primus Knowledgebase, VM-Ware and various remote support tools. In addition, the individual in this position must be able to facilitate the problem escalation process by bringing together the appropriate fix agents including both internal and external subject matter experts. They will facilitate the communication to all interested parties from start of the event to closure. They must be able to establish priorities and effectively manage time to complete their duties within specified timeframes. They must Provide Level 1 support and work with senior engineers in problem resolution.

Education and or Experience:
    A minimum of 6 months experience in an Information Technology Support Center Environment is required. Advanced knowledge and experience in Microsoft OS and software, skill in providing problem resolution is required. Candidates for this position should have a strong dedication to quality customer support, accompanied by very good verbal, written, interpersonal and communication skills. They should possess professional and courteous telephone etiquette, while having the ability to work in a team oriented environment, dealing effectively with customers, peers and management. Candidates will have a high level of problem solving skills and inherent decision making ability, good initiative and assertiveness. The candidate will need to be able to work under stress in a fast paced environment. Good Candidates will have the ability to identify and or correct problems occurring in a complex computing environment. A basic understanding of the use of microcomputer systems is required to effectively provide initial system telephone support services. Experience in the Health Care Field would also be very desirable.

Other Desirable Technology skills/experience:
    Research, resolve, and respond to questions received via telephone calls, emails, voice mails and callbacks in accordance with company standards. Escalate problems to appropriate individual based on established guidelines and procedures. Maintain current knowledge of relevant network systems to provide technically sound troubleshooting solutions. Perform diagnosis on both hardware and software issues to implement and resolve issues. Effectively diagnose defective/damaged equipment (laptops & desktops).

Experience in one or more of the following platforms:
    Windows (Server & Desktop Operating Systems), Novell, Microsoft Applications, GroupWise, and Remedy. Remote Desktop access: Citrix, Altiris, LANDesk Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); Experience providing support in a help desk environment preferred; Experience in one of the following platforms: Windows (Server & Desktop Operating Systems), Novell, Microsoft Applications, GroupWise, and Remedy. Remote Desktop access: Citrix, Altiris, LANDesk. Must be flexible with a “can do” attitude and have the ability to remain professional under high pressure situations; Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives; Must be self-motivated and have the independence, initiative and desire to achieve; Outstanding time management skills; Must possess strong problem resolution skills; Must have the ability to manage various projects at a time and have the flexibility to change directions immediately; Must be willing to cross-train into other areas; Must be able to work nights and weekends as needed; Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate in both writing and verbally; Excellent written, proofreading, and verbal communication skills; Must be detail oriented, organized, and have the ability to multi-task; Ability to retain and protect confidential material; Criminal and MVR backgrounds meet our company hiring criteria.

Candidates must meet the basic requirements of this position in order to be considered an applicant.