passed, right on the dot!

makenocentmakenocent Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
So day after day, i study a bit more. I thought I knew most of it. I already got my A+. So one day, i got sick of studying. So I decide to just go for the exam. The big day, Today. Early today. I took the Network+ for the first time. The first few questions scared me. It was hard. Crazy hard.

A few easy ones. Then it went back to hard. I could of sworn i failed the test. I was drinking cherry coke and i had pizza eariler that day for lunch. I felt like throwing it up. That's how bad the test scares me. Even the A+ wasn't that bad. I could hear nothing else but my heart pounding. Like the test will just swallow me up if I made anymore wrong answers.

At the time i finished. I wasn't hopeful anymore. It litterly knocked the **** outta me. I was supprised to see the passing grade was the same grade I got. At least it it got tons of crap off me chest when I saw that passed right on the dot. 554 was passing and 554 was the grade I got. Just typing this out feels like some of that weight that was on my chest can come back.

Network+ is indeed one of the hardest tests that I've ever taken.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Cherry Coke? Have a few beers next time, and you'll be much more relaxed drunken_smilie.gif

Congratulations on the pass, and welcome to the site!
  • c0d3_w0lfc0d3_w0lf Member Posts: 117
    lol, not sure that's the best advice there dynamik ;)

I think hard liquor would do the trick better drunken_smilie.gif

Congrats on the pass! That was definitely a close one. :)
    There is nothing that cannot be acheived.
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • pookerpooker Member Posts: 129 ■■□□□□□□□□
    good job icon_idea.gif
    I wanna be ccie
  • makenocentmakenocent Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thank dudes, i used the mike meyer's network+ book and a few stuff from this site.

Honestly, I think the Mike Meyer's Network+ book is a bit outdated for the stuff I was asked on the 2007 Network+ exam. I was really standing no the edge of the cliff at that test. One more step would of made me fall to my doom. I strongest suggest anyone taking the Network+ exam to study more then just Mike Meyer's Network+ book.

The book is good and explains it a lot better then many other books, but it is a bit outdated so it won't have everything in it.

One last question, should i go for security+ next or jump straight to studying for MCP?
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I'd personally go straight for the Security+ as it will make use of a fair bit of the knowledge that you picked up doing the Network+. Just be sure to study multiple books for that one! :D
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • AnwardAnward Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congratz on the pass!!!
    Remember that when things seems to be going against you, remember that the plane takes off against the wind and not with it
  • jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    Congratz, as they say (my father-in-law at least) the min wouldn't be the min if it wasn't good enough. Good luck with whatever you decide to do next.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Heh, 'just enough' is all you need. Congratulations on the pass. I'd recommend getting a little bit of a broader set of skills and experience before tackling Security+, like the MCP path, Linux+, CCNA, or something along those lines. You can still take Security+ at any time, but you get more out of it when you bring lots of "regular" admin-knowledge to the table.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.