Failed 291 today! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

dazzy90dazzy90 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Scored 676 icon_sad.gif had 1 SIM, LOADS on IpSec/Remote Access, Net Mon, and DHCP.
I had 47 questions!! < Is this the norm? Read frommost other posts the exam was 44 max..?..

Will study the RRAS areas and IPSec as these were my weak subjects and schedule as soon as i can with my 2nd shoot voucher.

Gutted as REALLY want to get this damn module out the way!!!
crash.gif
/Life is just a moment

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Honestly, you probably only missed it by a question, maybe two. Just brush up on your weak areas and knock it out with your free retake. You shouldn't have problems the next time through.

(You went into too much detail for the sim. Please edit that.)

edit:

According to the exam info we have, it looks like you can have as many as 65 questions: http://techexams.net/microsoft/70-291.shtml

Also, your sim still has too much information. You're not allowed to mention what you had at all. If you don't change it, a moderator will. It's not a big deal, just FYI.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Ouch, sorry to hear that the Beast took you for a ride. It looks like you weren't too far from that magic 700 points, so keep studying and I'm sure you'll get it. Sounds like you've got a pretty good idea what your weak areas are, just don't neglect your strengths. There's no worse feeling than going for a retake, acing the things that dragged you down the first time, but failing because you began to forget about the things you knew last time.

Good luck, we're all keeping our fingers crossed that you pass on the next go-around.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had the exact same test experience... 47 questions and 1 sim. To all future 291 takers, I wouldn't be thinking that the 291 has tons of DNS and DHCP anymore... I think they have switched it up.

You were so close! Second shot wins!
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Tough Break, at least you have the second shot! Good luck on the retake!
  • TechnowizTechnowiz Member Posts: 211
    Same here! 47 questions and 1 sim. I also had more IPSec, network monitoring, and RRAS than I was expecting although when I counted it all up I think the distribution of questions was pretty even across the objectives. It just wasn't as heavily weighted toward DNS and DHCP as I expected.

Stick with it! Just brush up those weak areas a bit and you should be fine the next time around. icon_wink.gif
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    bummer, but thankfully you have the 2nd shot!

best of luck!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • kd7eirkd7eir Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck on the retest!
  • SHinAZSHinAZ Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mishra wrote:
    I had the exact same test experience... 47 questions and 1 sim. To all future 291 takers, I wouldn't be thinking that the 291 has tons of DNS and DHCP anymore... I think they have switched it up.

Yeah, well--I just took it this morning and more than half of my questions were DNS/DHCP. Interesting to note that the first time I took this exam, I maxed out the "Strong" in the "Implement, manage and Maintain Routing & Remote Access" category. DNS was my weakest area and I got hammered with questions on it.

And yes, I've failed this bugger twice now. icon_cry.gif I still have my second shot voucher so back to the books...
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    SHinAZ wrote:
    Mishra wrote:

Yeah, well--I just took it this morning and more than half of my questions were DNS/DHCP. Interesting to note that the first time I took this exam, I maxed out the "Strong" in the "Implement, manage and Maintain Routing & Remote Access" category. DNS was my weakest area and I got hammered with questions on it.

And yes, I've failed this bugger twice now. icon_cry.gif I still have my second shot voucher so back to the books...

I still had 10 or 15 questions on DNS and DHCP. They are the funnest topics to study for me anyways. You are more than likely going to see DNS and DHCP in your environments so I would lab everything up and really try to setup some mock corporate networks.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!