Going for security+ exam tomorow

AndrewNPAndrewNP Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am going for the security+ exam tomorrow (am from Australia) . From what I can see a lot of the material on the exam study guides are questions that most people should know anyway like port numbers and common attacks. I think its all the detail into obscure facts and ambiguity where its going to make it harder.

Comments

• Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Good luck...let us know how you do!
  • AnwardAnward Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck, i wish u all the best
    Remember that when things seems to be going against you, remember that the plane takes off against the wind and not with it
  • AndrewNPAndrewNP Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. I scored an 858 (pass).

I ended up doing the exam in under an hour. Some of the questions were not things that I had studied (I noticed it said 2007 edition exam) however I knew the answer anyway since I have worked in IT for over ten years and for the last four years for a systems integrator/IT services company so I see a lot of different systems.

There were a few questions that were a bit ambiguous and out of the answers none really looked like the right ones. I guess that is to be expected.

One question is how the test is scored - what is the max score? I have read that it it is out of 900 however elsewhere it said it was 100-900, my manager said maybe the first 100 points are awarded just for turning up and filling out the paperwork correctly :)
  • supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    Good show, Andrew,

The exam is scored on a scale of 100-900. CompTIA keeps the exact scoring process a big secret in order to preserve the security of the exam. They also include an unknown number of unscored questions on the exam as a way to "try-out" new questions. They have to have a certain number of statistics in order to judge a question as being too easy or too hard. It's all just so much psychometric voodoo. icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • franco67franco67 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    how difficult is this exam compare to Network +...

any tricky ?
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Very cool, congratulations on the pass and welcome to the Security+ club. What's up next for you?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • AnwardAnward Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congratz!!!!

Impressive score for such a difficult exam. Great Job!!
    Remember that when things seems to be going against you, remember that the plane takes off against the wind and not with it
  • HomiDHomiD Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am going for mine in less than 12 hours.
    Thanks guys

I am going for the ISA 2004 exam next - 70-350.

I have not done the Net+ exam so can't really compare it to that. I have done my MCSE 2003 I think that helped a lot but it would also work in reverse as there is some overlap.
    HomiD wrote:

Good luck. Let us know how you go. If you have done 70-350 can you let me know what you think of that exam?
    AndrewNP wrote:
    HomiD wrote:

Good luck. Let us know how you go. If you have done 70-350 can you let me know what you think of that exam?

Will do - one of the guys at work has done 70-350 - he just said its all about ISA - lol I kind of gathered that I told him.