OS Test Questions

NuriNuri Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I'm studying to take the OS test in two weeks. I'm memorizing everything, my class books and all the notes I have found here and other sites. I just wanted to ask those of you who have taken the exam, were most of the questions on troubleshooting, or were there any questions on definitions? Thanks

Nuria

Comments

• jfbjfb Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Navigation, knowing what system files do what.
    There isnt' a lot of anything and a little of everything.

You can't take this test if you are a whiz in one area and know little about another. It covers a broad area.

You don't have to know any one thing deeply.

So when asked what to study for: EVERYTHING!

But dont' get hung up on any one thing.
  • bighuskerbighusker Member Posts: 147
    You're probably not going to do very well if you just try to memorize everything for the OS test. You pretty much have to get on your coputer and practice doing everything for it to really stick and make sense. Memorization works OK for hardware, but it probably won't get you through the OS portion.
  • STexamsSTexams Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Try a few free practice tests and see how you stack up against those. That should give you some idea of which areas you need further work on.
    Freddy
    Free Online Exams and Tutorials
    http://www.stexams.com
  • NuriNuri Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the responses. My exam is this Friday so I'm getting very nervous. My problem is that I'm used to using winxp and wn2k. I'm trying to understand rather than memorize everything, but there seems to be so much information to know. Thanks and wish me luck.

Nuri