PASSED :)

seekseek Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed with a 796. Would have liked to do a little better but pass is pass.

Time spent studying: Few months.

Tools used: Sybex book, Exam Cram 2, Boson and Transcender. Practice with firewall building and port scanning.

Comments: Ok .. this has to be the worst worded exam to date. It felt like a liberal arts exam. They took easy questions and worded it poorly so the challange was trying to find out which was best.

I had very few technical quesions. Spent long time on ports.IPSec.TCP.Kerberos. Good for real life..bad for exam.

Even the technical questions used non tech language..lol. What the heck is a granular form of access control?

Make sure you cover email real well..thought I was in exchange exam with so many email questions.

I am happy to have passed..but I thought CCNA and even MS exam tested stuff you would need in RL than this thing.

Seek

Comments

• Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations! That's not a bad score at all ;)
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations on the pass!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • antonio banderasantonio banderas Member Posts: 102
    Congrads & thanks for the feedback.... If the test is that poorly worded, I may not take it after all.... I guess I will take the A+ instead.... Thanks for the feedback & good luck with you other certs... icon_cool.gif
    Network/Radiation Oncology Analyst III
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    :D Bravo. How good was the Sybex book in regard to your preparation? Congrats once more. "Seek and thou shalt find" icon_wink.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Waverider1963Waverider1963 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Exam did suck. I failed first time with a 684. passing is 764. I am a 6yr experienced SR. admin. I have my a+, net+, i-net+, ccna and mcse. The questions were worded horribly. better know everything. They throw a little of it all out there; even some stuff I have never seen. be prepared for a butt kicker exam
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congrats on the pass
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Exam did suck. I failed first time with a 684. passing is 764. I am a 6yr experienced SR. admin. I have my a+, net+, i-net+, ccna and mcse. The questions were worded horribly. better know everything. They throw a little of it all out there; even some stuff I have never seen. be prepared for a butt kicker exam

If you did not like the questions on this test....you really will not like the questions on the SSCP or CISSP.... I do agree with you though..some of these questions make you step back and really think about what they are asking..
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    seek wrote:
    Passed with a 796. Would have liked to do a little better but pass is pass.

Time spent studying: Few months.

Tools used: Sybex book, Exam Cram 2, Boson and Transcender. Practice with firewall building and port scanning.

Comments: Ok .. this has to be the worst worded exam to date. It felt like a liberal arts exam. They took easy questions and worded it poorly so the challange was trying to find out which was best.

I had very few technical quesions. Spent long time on ports.IPSec.TCP.Kerberos. Good for real life..bad for exam.

Even the technical questions used non tech language..lol. What the heck is a granular form of access control?

Make sure you cover email real well..thought I was in exchange exam with so many email questions.

I am happy to have passed..but I thought CCNA and even MS exam tested stuff you would need in RL than this thing.

Seek

Seek...Congrats on the pass....
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think poor wording is a modern social problem for sure!

Oh well, it helps you for when your boss, a consulting agent, or some other nimhrod asks you a question and you have to reformulate it in your head a million times just to figure out what on earth the person is talking about. Also very handy for us shop techs. "Uh...my puter doesn't work. The thingy doesn't connect to the...uh...thing..."
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber