Options

Reading MSPress for 620...

techster79techster79 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
When troubleshooting, you need to check settings, check membership of the local Administrators group, and try to get the user you are advising to tell you calmly and unemotionally exactly under what circumstances a child accessed unsuitable material or was unable to access a good educational site. In this area, possibly as much as or more than any other, the PLBSM principle applies—the problem lies between seat and mouse.

I always liked PEBKAC better, Problem exists between keyboard and chair. In the old days of helpdesking, we had an ID-ten-T error for users that were especially "challenged". Of course, you write that out and you have ID10T. :) Humor in IT is necessary for sanity.
Studying for MCSE: Server Infrastructure (70-414 left)

Comments

• Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    I am also in the middle of studying for this exam. i listened to the CBT Nuggets for this and also have the MS Press Book. I have not touched the MS book yet but plan on starting it soon.

Dont forget about all the corrections for the book here is the link
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941753/en-us

Good luck on the exam
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    techster79 wrote:
    When troubleshooting, you need to check settings, check membership of the local Administrators group, and try to get the user you are advising to tell you calmly and unemotionally exactly under what circumstances a child accessed unsuitable material or was unable to access a good educational site. In this area, possibly as much as or more than any other, the PLBSM principle applies—the problem lies between seat and mouse.

I always liked PEBKAC better, Problem exists between keyboard and chair. In the old days of helpdesking, we had an ID-ten-T error for users that were especially "challenged". Of course, you write that out and you have ID10T. :) Humor in IT is necessary for sanity.

Ive actually called into vendor support before and heard the guy talking to his buddy and his buddy was like "ahh the last call was just a 1D10T"