passed #640-801

PillemPillem Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi together

4 days ago i passed my ccna certification!
i'm very happy about it! it was pretty difficult with about 30 ospf questions!

icon_lol.gif

now a question to you:
i would like to make some other certifications!

what about the ccnp

how much do i have to learn and is it an advantage to get this certification?

greetz
& thx 4 help

Comments

• supernacsupernac Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did you use a router sim? If so what make. Thanks
  • PillemPillem Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    no @ work we've got a little cisco labor with 4 routers and 4 switsches
  • CCIE2008CCIE2008 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice job with CCNA!!!

You may want to give CCDA a shot. It's a design test, but it will help you become familiar with the different hardware platforms and implementation of Cisco devices. Personnaly I think this is a great test to do before CCNP. It definitely helped me.

CCNP would be a great path for you if you enjoy working with routers. If you are interested, you will need to study up heavily on Routing protocols and switching. Layer 3 switching is also greatly covered.

This cert will definitely help you in the real world. You cover a lot more information and in much greater detail than in CCNA. CCNP is geared more towards setting up and maintaining large scale and enterprise sized LAN's and WAN's.

The tests themselves are not too bad. There's just a lot of information you have to know. I highly reccomend that you become familiar with the commands. If you can get your hands on some actual equipment or simulators that would be awesome.

Some good equipment to work with:

1600 series routers, 2600 series routers, 2950 series switches, definitely 3550 series switches.
    CCIE2008

MCSE, MCSA, MCDST, CCNP, CCDA, Security+, Linux+, Network+, A+, MOS
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    congrats icon_lol.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • montanamax23montanamax23 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man,

what kind of materials did you use to get ready for the exam (books, practice questions)? icon_confused.gif:
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Congrats....

And I agree with CCIE2008....If the CCNA was intersting to you and you really enjoyed it then the CCNP would be a great cert. I would highly recommend that you get your hands on the equipment for practice. If you do not have access to a good rack at work ...then search the net for some rack rental time.......And just stick with it.....At some points it will seem like you are drinking from a fire hose...but it gets better....

CCDA is also a good choice...Although I found this exam harder than the CCNA....It would be much easier to pick up if you already had your CCNP.

Good luck with whatever you decide :D
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
    okay than i will do my ccnp first!

can you tell me how to learn all the stuff?

books?
    simulations?

this would be great! :D
  • quickpotquickpot Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    First of.. congratulations on your cert!

The books I have used for the CCNP:

BSCI - Cisco Press (CCNP Self Study) & Exam Cram 2
    BCMSN - Sybex 642-811 by Terry Jack & Exam Cram 2
    BCRAN - Cisco Press (CCNP Self Study) & Exam Cram 2
    CIT - Cisco Press (CCNP Self Study)

Cisco Press books pretty much except the BCMSN one. Exam Cram 2 books are great. I usually read these babies last, few days before an exam to review. The Cram Sheets inside are sweet for last minute "cramming"!

As for sims, there are no good "sims" (as far as I know) that can cover all the CCNP materials. For the CCNP, I would get a small lab. It will be better for you in the long run.

Check this page out:

http://www.ultratechnology.net/column/elabs/index.htm
    I agree w/ quickpot...

Those books are good for gathering the knowledge....but for the CCNP is very import to get hands on practice. If you do not have access to the equipment, do a search in google for online rack rentals...there are several out there.....Building your own rack will help you more in the long run...but it can get expensive. Hope this helps..
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
    thx 4 help guys

mhhh i believe that the ccnp will be a good desission to start!

but an rental will be very expensive!

@ work we got a cisco labor with about 4 switches(2600), 4 routers(1900)!
    do you think that this is enough to test theses simulations???

how much time do i need 4 self studding ccnp???

thanks!
    Pillem wrote:
    thx 4 help guys

mhhh i believe that the ccnp will be a good desission to start!

but an rental will be very expensive!

@ work we got a cisco labor with about 4 switches(2600), 4 routers(1900)!
    do you think that this is enough to test theses simulations???

how much time do i need 4 self studding ccnp???

thanks!

That would be 4 switches (1900), 4 routers (2600).. icon_wink.gif

That should be fine for a lot of the CCNP material...
    It can take quite a while to do the CCNP...depending on your current level of knowledge / how fast you learn / how bad you want it....It is all up to you... Good luck...
    Kenny