Options

Professional-Level Exam Validity Period

dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
I see that you must complete all exams in professional-level track within three years in order to obtain that certification. I was curious how that worked when a single exam is required in multiple tracks. Does completing a track renew all your professional-level exams, and you are given three years from that point to complete another track, or is an exam only good for three years period.

i.e. Would you have to complete the CCNP and CCIP within three years of completing BSCI, or would you have another three years after your CCNP completion to tackle the CCIP without having to retake BSCI.

I'm just trying to figure out the logistics of pursuing multiple CCXPs. TIA.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    dynamik wrote:
    you have to complete the CCNP and CCIP within three years of completing BSCI
    That's it -- you have 3 years to use the exam towards any certification. After 3 years, even if you achieved the CCNP, you'd have to retake BSCI if you were then going for the CCIP.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
  • Options
    c0d3_w0lfc0d3_w0lf Member Posts: 117
    mikej412 wrote:
    dynamik wrote:
    you have to complete the CCNP and CCIP within three years of completing BSCI
    That's it -- you have 3 years to use the exam towards any certification. After 3 years, even if you achieved the CCNP, you'd have to retake BSCI if you were then going for the CCIP.

But...before your three years are up...if you take the BSCI again, that recertifies you for the CCNP for ANOTHER three years, right?

From what I understand, you don't need to retake all four exams every three years in order to maintain your CCNP status >.>
    There is nothing that cannot be acheived.
  • Options
    Correct.
    Cisco.com wrote:
    CCNP certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass any 642 exam that is part of the professional level curriculum after 01/01/06, or pass a current CCIE or CCDE written exam.

I just wasn't sure how the individual exams were affected when completing one track and going to another.