2»

Comments

• romainromain Member Posts: 222
    Congratulations !
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good going! icon_wink.gif

Which is more difficult between BSCI and BCMSN, is probably more related to what you find more interesting or have more experience with, routing or switching.

Good luck!
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Thanks guys!
    Next up:
    CCIP
  • CCIE_2011CCIE_2011 Member Posts: 134
    mikej412 wrote:
    I thought BSCI was easier -- but that may have been because I was routing on UNIX systems long before switches existed.

How old are you :) ?
    . : | : . : | : .
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    CCIE_2011 wrote:
    How old are you :) ?
    What -- you expect me to admit toggling in the bootstrap loader on the front panel of a PDP-8? And even if I did, it was already old which is why I got to touch it. I wasn't allowed within 10 feet of the PDP-11/70 and had to give my paper tape to one of the operators to load. icon_sad.gif

And I don't remember when TCP/IP replaced NCP -- but that may have been because I went Army Infantry after college. So I think I missed the first 4 years or so of TCP/IP.

But I'm not all that old when you consider that I was already a College Sophomore before I graduated High School. And I did stay at the university for 4 years since I had the full scholarship.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • fwre01fwre01 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Man that was a rad score!! 977/1000!

iv got my first attempt at the BSCI 2moro. pretty nervous at the moment. im lucky to have some lab equipment at work. But none of it supports IS-IS. so who knows how ill get on. i suspect i may be doing it twice! ill post my thorts on the exam 2moro.

out of interest has anybody come across questions that are wrong in the exam? coz iv seen quite a few in mock exams, id hate to fail becasue of incorrect questions
  • J0eJ0e Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Congrats

I am about 30 days away from passing this exam.

Think happy throughts......
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • CucumberCucumber Member Posts: 192
    Congrats!
    I think the BCMSN one is harder, mainly because of the wireless questions.
    I hate pandas
    well.....i failed.lol

i got 777 which is a bit of a bugga!! oh well, i thort the exam wasnt too bad, perhaps i rushed it, i finished with 20mins to go. i was foiled by my arch nemisis multicasting!!
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Aw man. Well atleast you know what you need to focus on for next time! Good luck! I have mine scheduled for April 9th.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • tomsettomset Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Multicasting was tough to learn at first and is one of the reasons I failed my first BSCI attempt. What sucks is that there aren't many labs you can do with multicast using Dynamips (at least I havent' found many).

Good luck next time!
    Next up:
    CCIP
    im struggling with the fact that i have no multicast servers or clients that i can hang on my network in the lab. has anybody got any suggestions for multicast servers i can use??
  • ixg123ixg123 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Try taking a look at:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/105/48.html

down at the bottom you'll discover a wonderful "test" toolkit that's already part of the IOS.