Options

sitting CEH april 10

livenliven Member Posts: 918
Ok going to take the plunge...

Been using the CDs from the offical course ware v5. Friend loaned them to me for some of my cisco stuff. I thought it was a fair trade.

Also am almost done reading from my employers books 24x7 site:

John Wiley and Sons

The CEH prep guide. This seems to be right on par with the offical course ware. Pretty much one chapter for each module, and about 20 practice questions for each section.

Also going to go through:

CEH official Certified ethical hacker review guide. Don't really know if this is any good, but I have free access to it via work. I figure I can finish the above book and hopefully this one by the date of the test.

Hopefully this will be sufficient for the test.

I use snort, nmap, netcat, and several other tools listed in the book on a daily basis at work. The only parts I am sketchy on is the law stuff... I want to learn more about it, but it is so difficult to keep focused on those exact details. I know its illegal to do a lot of things with computers... But I don't know if I will ever be able to say this law or that law makes this or that specific computer crime punishable.... Hopefully that will not keep me from passing.

I got the exam ID number pretty quick from ec council.

I was going to wait for V6 to come out, but I have been studying for about 2 months so I would to just knock this out and move on.

Wish me luck!!! I am sitting this and a cisco exam on the same day. But I have been studying for both for months and have hands on experience with material covered by both tests. Hopefully it will all work out!
encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.

Comments

• Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Best of luck to you liven let us know how you progress!!
  • Options
    Thanks.

I am going to give it my all.
  • Options
    coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck liven, go get it dude!

Just wanted to ask if happen to know how much it would cost to buy the official exam material from EC council, you said you had it free through your friend and other sources. Also, did you take any training sessions or are doing it through self study?

I am also interested in this certification, but need some experience under my belt to fulfil the EC council requirement.
  • Options
    Ya I traded all my old cisco books to my buddy for the official course ware from EC council. The stuff is pretty expensive, I think it is 400. But I gave my buddy a router and LOTS of books so I think it is a fair trade.

And yes I got the other books from a site called:

books 24x7

It is provide by my employer. I am very lucky because this resource has thousands of IT books. I mean the list is endless. We can use it as much as we want. It is pretty similar to safari book shelf.

I have done no training, but I am a security administrator by trade. I use several of the tools every day at work.

Plus I have taken the security plus, which has some over lap.

I would like to take the training but it is very expensive and I don't have that kinda cash. Plus I feel like I am able to prepare myself for the test...
  • Options
    vegetaholicvegetaholic Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Best of luck for your exam,I hope you will not fail.
    You can't kill Java because he is sun of king C.
  • Options
    SSjiSSji Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    good luck!

I hope to one day get my CEH :D
  • Options
    Hey thanks!!!!

I have been studying my @SS off!!!

I am getting a little nervous to be honest. Same with the security plus test, just such a wide breath of knowledge.

But I have been working for months on this so hopefully it is enough.

Thanks again for your support.