job required certs

SpEkTrESpEkTrE Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
play out this scenario....

You only have minor experience with the IT field, and you are studying for your first cert (A+). Your about half way through the book and yesterday you just finished an interview for IT support. At this position, the company requires you to obtain an MCP within the first 6 months of being there. icon_study.gif

Ever heard of it? Is it possible? I'm not doubting myself, actually I'm pretty excited about it. Talk about motivation!
IRQ U!

Comments

• bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    mcp is only one exam. sounds very likely you can do it.
    A+ Moderator
  • matts5074matts5074 Member Posts: 148
    Shouldn't be a problem if you're willing to dedicate some time. 6 months should be plenty of time to study and pass 1 exam.
  • ICreateLoopsICreateLoops Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I know my job unofficially required I get my A+ and Network+. I say unofficially b/c my job didn't depend on it, but the amount of responsibility and work involving the technology was dependent upon getting those 2 certs, just like getting my network administrative rights was dependent upon getting my MCSA (which they gave me anyways considering i'm only 70-291 away).

But yea, it's only one test, I'd suggest taking 70-270 (Windows XP Pro). I studied for maybe 2 weeks for it, and I had hardly any experience with XP. Maybe like 2 months experience tops. And I was only in the field maybe, 4 months if that. Thats just my opinion, I say go for it!!!
    MCSA 2003, MCDST, Security+, Network+, A+
  • ned_gerblanskined_gerblanski Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Absolutely go for it. Yes you can complete an MCP in six months.
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Absolutely go for it. Yes you can complete an MCP in six months.

I agree....You can do whatever you put your mind to...Good luck..
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA