Options

just wanted to say HI

marksprmarkspr Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi fella's
i've been studying for my A+ N+ with a home course, i have found it very hard with so much to remember, i was starting to get a bit concerned that i was just not cut out for this icon_sad.gif .
Then i found this site :D
the practice exams are great, i've had to do them quite a few times each but it seems i'm may be gettin there.
i've been reading the forums and you all seem a really good bunch of people ie:supporting others struggling to get along.
I hope i can find the support i may well need in the future from a decent group at last.
I've been on many forums and found them full of users with thier noses stuck up thier own a##.

cheers guy's

Mark
36yr old bus driver Trying to achieve something before its to late:-(

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Welcome Mark.

What are you using as a 'home course'?
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Welcome aboard!
    Webmaster wrote:
    What are you using as a 'home course'?

ditto.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    markspr wrote:
    Hi fella's
    i've been studying for my A+ N+ with a home course, i have found it very hard with so much to remember, i was starting to get a bit concerned that i was just not cut out for this icon_sad.gif .
    Then i found this site :D
    the practice exams are great, i've had to do them quite a few times each but it seems i'm may be gettin there.
    i've been reading the forums and you all seem a really good bunch of people ie:supporting others struggling to get along.
    I hope i can find the support i may well need in the future from a decent group at last.
    I've been on many forums and found them full of users with thier noses stuck up thier own a##.

cheers guy's

Mark

Welcome....

And don't worry yourself about those knowledge hogs that have their noses in the air....You will find out that they don't know as much as they think they do. Good luck to you with your studies.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    Morning guy's, Thanks for your reply's
    I'm using a course i got from a company called Scheidegger, cost me way to much money but i did'nt know anything about these other courses at the time icon_sad.gif

Mark
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Welcome to the forums!

I had the same experience when I started A+ studies. There is just so much material to learn. It takes some time, but you'll learn faster than you think. You may feel like "time's a'wastin'", but nobody here is going to disrespect you because you need time to learn. Neither does age have anything to do with anything. I was 55 years old when I decided on moving into IT. I have a job now. It's fuuuunnn! And, I'm still not through learning.

If you want to you can. Never let yourself say no.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    I used Mike Myers All-In-One for my A+. I think it may help you as well. Mike Myers can teach you A+ without making you fel like a dummy. He's a very unique way of teaching. Worked for me. Here's a link to get some more info. Mike also has a new book for A+ labs. If you have a spare PC to open up and play with, that will help tremendously. Either way, check out his book here>>>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0072229918/ref=pd_sim_books_4/103-1250934-0317447?v=glance&s=books
  • Options
    :D You are true gent's
    i feel much better, i did feel that i had maybe 2 or so years left before i was dumped on the scrapheap.
    Janmike do you live in the UK?
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    markspr wrote,
    Janmike do you live in the UK?

No, I live in U.S.A., Southern Indiana. But, I see several folk from UK on the forum. There's one, maybe two, who have migrated to US from UK.

Great thing, we all have this desire to better ourselves no matter our location or age or gender or .......what have you. And, our situations all seem to find a parallel or two regardless of these differences as well.

Hang around here and read and post as much as you like. Before you know it you'll be as geeky as the rest of us!

Again, best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    icon_lol.gif
    My Miss's already calls me a geek, along with many other names.

One question (if i'm allowed) is how many questions are there in the A+& N+ exams?.
  • Options
    A+ exams have around 80 questions on each, and Net+ has 72. Both exams use a linear format, which includes: multiple choice, identification, and scenario type questions. Here's a couple of links to Comptias' FAQ on both.

http://www.comptia.org/certification/Network/faqs.asp

https://www.comptia.org/certification/A/faqs.asp

You can use the Nav bar on the left to get even more info such as official objectives, etc.