Options

Just passed

MeekerMeeker Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Got a 771. I found the content of this exam far more extensive than the 70-270 exam. I used a mixture of the Sybex books and Transcenders. When I actually came to the exam, I found the questions of a similar nature, however it was much easier on the multiple-choice questions to eliminate obviously wrong answers. There was maybe only 1 question on which I had to completely guess.

I got lots of questions on command line utilities, backups, WSUS, hardware / network troubleshooting, auditing and permissions.

The 6 simulations i received covered {edited by Moderator}.

I was surprised that I was not asked that much on TS or IIS, maybe 7 questions total.

If I was going to give any advice to anyone studying for the exam I have just taken, you do need to have a decent knowledge of everything, but permissions is where you need to know your stuff.

Onwards to the beast.

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. :)

Please don't post sim topics. NDA and all.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats...I'm working my way backwards (I did 70-291 first, then 70-290, followed that up with 70-227 as an elective to get it in before it expired), and now I'm back to 70-270. Based on the size of the book and length of the CBT Nuggets, I was expecting 270 to be rougher than 290, which I didn't find that bad at all.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Gratstastic!

270 and 290 are roughly the same difficulty.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • Options
    BonkersBonkers Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    1MeanAdmin1MeanAdmin Member Posts: 157