CISSP bootcamp

p0etp0et Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
I may have an option to attend a 6-day CISSP bootcamp while my Ministry foots the bill. I do not have any direct "professional" full-time experience with security so I was thinking of trying for the "associate of isc2". Since this is a CISSP bootcamp, does that mean that the only exam I will be writing there will be the actual CISSP exam and the SSCP will probably not be offered? I'm a little hesitant on skipping over the SSCP and writing the CISSP right away! icon_eek.gif

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Your Ministry? How can I get into this Church of InfoSec?

While some material overlaps between SSCP and CISSP, they do not have the same focus. The SSCP is not a prerequisite for the CISSP.

Are you familiar with the CISSP material at all? You should probably go through a book or two before you attend a boot camp. There's a lot of information, and you can't just cram it all into 6 days. It may stay in your mind long enough for you to pass the exam, but you won't retain it long-term.
  • p0etp0et Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I see you're from the States... that must be why you are so confused. Where I live, a "ministry" is the same as a "government agency" in the States.

And to answer your question dynamik, no I have not started studying any CISSP material yet. I do have prior knowledge, personal experience and training in infosec though. I also have the basic Security+ as well as a more advanced GCIH from SANS and studied the CEH and CCNA material. Will hopefully write the CCNA sometime this year.

Thanks for your attempt at helping me.
    I wasn't confused as much as I was just joking ;)

Here's another thread that will provide you with a list of study resources and maybe a few pointers as well: http://techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32374
  • darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    is it the ministry of magic ???

sorry I couldn't help myself ....
    rm -rf /
  • p0etp0et Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Okay, I should probably pass on this CISSP bootcamp as I may not have the required knowledge to write by that time. I don't hear about many "SSCP Bootcamps" in North America though. They all seem to be CISSP.
    SSCP isn't nearly as popular as the CISSP.