Passed, now what?

rinkguyrinkguy Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed my Net+ the other day with 825. Not sure what that works out to in a percentage, but seems okay to me. Now the question is should I take the CCNA or work awat at my MCSE?

Comments

• ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    I was in the same boat you where. I took my A+ in 97 when it first came out. I recently took the Network+ and wanted to look at whats next. Personally for me i want to be a CCNA but want to attain my MCSA and then my MCSE. After i complete my MCSE i plan on studying for my CCNA.

I guess it really all depends on what it is you want to do.

Good Luck on whatever you choose.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    I'm personally going to focus on *nix (linux/unix) once I get my N+ but I'm also going to a community college so I have plenty things to focus on for my degree. After Unix, I'm probably going to work toward the Microsoft Vista certs MCTS (MCSA for Vista) and MCITP (Vista MCSE) since I believe companies put more importance on servers rather then routers and switches.

Also have to remember Cisco certs need to be refreshed every 2 years and its a waste unless you know your going to be using it.
  • pookerpooker Member Posts: 129 ■■□□□□□□□□
    well mcse and ccnp seem to go hand an hand for big pay it seems like. there was an employer down in baton rouge willing to pay 110k a year for 5-6 years experience, mcse, ccnp, and bachelors.
    I wanna be ccie
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    rinkguy wrote:
    I passed my Net+ the other day with 825. Not sure what that works out to in a percentage, but seems okay to me. Now the question is should I take the CCNA or work awat at my MCSE?

Congrats on passing Network+. As far as the other question goes it really depends on what you want to do in IT. If you enjoy working with Routers and Switches then go for CCNA if you enjoy working with Microsoft products then go with MCSE. Since you have some of the MCSA exams finished I would finish your MCSA first and then decide.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • rinkguyrinkguy Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I might as well get my 70-291 then go from there. I'll have to see what kinda job i can get with those credentials, hopefully it'll pay better than what I currently make.
  • ValkeValke Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agree with sthomas. It's all about what you enjoy and want to pursue, but as you are already halfway to MCSA, that may be a logical direction to go in. After I pass my Net+ in a month or so I'll be heading the same direction.