Exam this saturday

mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
And I'm getting a bit nervous. Feels like I know a lot but when looking over stuff there are little details that I don't know that I feel I have to cram before taking it. The thing I noticed that is making me feel a little better is looking throughout this forum no one has seemed to fail it (or they don't admit they failed). Everyone posts that they passed even when they thought they would fail it while taking it. I really really really don't want to throw away $250 and have to take it again and tell people I didn't pass.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole

Comments

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    mog27 wrote:
    And I'm getting a bit nervous. Feels like I know a lot but when looking over stuff there are little details that I don't know that I feel I have to cram before taking it. The thing I noticed that is making me feel a little better is looking throughout this forum no one has seemed to fail it (or they don't admit they failed). Everyone posts that they passed even when they thought they would fail it while taking it. I really really really don't want to throw away $250 and have to take it again and tell people I didn't pass.

I know how you feel once I take my GRE and get that over with I'm going to take some time to really soak up the material and I think learning Linux+ along with it will be beneficial as well. Best of luck to you I'll be looking forward to your review of the exam.
  • jdixon63jdixon63 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Don't worry about pass/fail -- if you've done good homework and given all 110% to your prep, you got nothing to be ashamed of, no matter what the outcome.

I take mine on Mon 04/07. Best of luck to us both (yeah, there's always a little luck involved in these things.)
  • AnwardAnward Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    good luck

im studying towards taking mines soon. This exam seems to be a really tough one.
    I have faith in u that u will pass
    Remember that when things seems to be going against you, remember that the plane takes off against the wind and not with it
  • stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Good Luck.

My advice is just to relax and read the questions, I always go with my gut feeling and never go back.
  • SSjiSSji Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    today is the big day, good luck!!

tell us how you did :D
  • mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    I passed with a score of 830. :)
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. Don't forget to update your profile.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Damn, what is it with people and stealing my score of 830 as well! Welcome to the club.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • SSjiSSji Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well Done, Nice Score.

Any comments on your experience?
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice Job! icon_thumright.gif
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
    Well, it was fairly straightforward. I ran into maybe just a few of those questions where more than one question looked right. There were a few questions I was surprised to see, such as a question about cumulative windows permissions that you expect more on a MCP exam. That may have been one of those questions they put in there that doesn't count. There were really no scenario questions as someone complained here recently about.

mog27 wrote:
    Well, it was fairly straightforward. I ran into maybe just a few of those questions where more than one question looked right. There were a few questions I was surprised to see, such as a question about cumulative windows permissions that you expect more on a MCP exam. That may have been one of those questions they put in there that doesn't count. There were really no scenario questions as someone complained here recently about.

I am glad you had a straight forward time, it’s the way it is supposed to be icon_wink.gif
  • franco67franco67 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    what type of ? did you get on the exam ? any forensics ? DAC, MAC
    franco67 wrote:

Nothing on forensics, a handful of MAC/DAC/RBAC. One thing I thought was weird was that there were a few questions that were repeated twice word for word.

• undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    That's odd. I ran across a few that asked the exact same question with just a few words rearranged but not the exact same wording.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
    mog27 wrote:
    franco67 wrote:

Nothing on forensics, a handful of MAC/DAC/RBAC. One thing I thought was weird was that there were a few questions that were repeated twice word for word.

I had the same RBAC question 3 times, twice were word for word, the other was a twist on the question but still the same. I thought this was a little odd, but I'll take those points icon_wink.gif
  • examseekerexamseeker Member Posts: 118
    Congrats! Like Tyrant, we have 830s!

I ran into re-worded questions as well.. just a quick click!

Congrats again!