Options

hi guys

oliverwoliverw Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
passed my ccna 6 months ago i think so ive been away from the forum abit. One of our guys has just come back from a ccnp bootcamp as he has to get it again. He showed me a website called gns3.net. I thought i would share it as it looks pretty good at first glance. I expect its carrying on dynampis at first glance. Anyway im all excited so im off to drink and iron.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Welcome Back! icon_cool.gif
    oliverw wrote:
    gns3.net
    It's a memory hog graphical user interface environment for Dynamips/Dynagen for people who don't know enough about routers (or computers) to edit a simple Dynagen Net file. We don't talk about it in the CCNP forum, and barely tolerate mentions of it in the CCNA forum. But then, some people think the Cisco Network Academy Packet Tracer Program is the Greatest Simulator on Earth icon_lol.gif

Both are fine in an educational environment since they let Instructors setup and distribute labs to their students, and get "working" homework back from their students.

And maybe, just maybe, since it links with Pemu, we might allow mention in the CCSP forum :D
    oliverw wrote:
    drink and iron
    icon_confused.gif:

You're going to do your laundry while drinking, and iron your shirts so they aren't wrinkled for work? icon_lol.gif

You're going to go to a driving range and drink while shooting a bucket of balls with an iron? Or, in other English words -- hit golf balls with a golf club at a place to practice whatever Golf playing people practice. icon_lol.gif

Drink and iron? Is that something you can even talk about in "polite company?" icon_eek.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    GNS3 is a piece of ****.
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    jezg76jezg76 Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've used both and I prefer GNS3. Regular Dynamips used to crash on me for running more than 4-5 routers, even with the idle PC values where they needed to be.

GNS3 chugs along with 7-10 instances with no problems on the same laptop with 2 GB memory and a 2 GHz Dual Core processor.

GNS3 gets my vote fo sho'!
    policy-map type inspect TACO
    class type inspect BELL
    drop log
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    jezg76 wrote:
    I've used both and I prefer GNS3. Regular Dynamips used to crash on me for running more than 4-5 routers, even with the idle PC values where they needed to be.

GNS3 chugs along with 7-10 instances with no problems on the same laptop with 2 GB memory and a 2 GHz Dual Core processor.

GNS3 gets my vote fo sho'!

Uhh did you try running multiple processes of dynamips?

See here:

http://dynagen.org/tutorial.htm#_Toc176827665
    Now working full time!