Options

Help me for Starting learning Wireless (CWNA)

IPsecurity88IPsecurity88 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys
I'm new here.
I need some help
I'm MCSE and now I'm studying CCNA but I really like to know about implementing wireless
I wanna study for CWNA.
please tell me which material to use.
which cbt (nuggets or Train signal)?
which study book?

thanx.

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    What materials you need to study for the CWNA exam depends on how much you already know and use wireless networking technology. You will need at least the CWNA Study Guide. Read through the postings in this forum (especially the stickies at the top) for an idea of the other training materials available.
  • Options
    thanx alot mate for the reply.
    so that official book is a good source for this exam.now I knopw what to read
    I should say I'm totaly new in this field and I don't have any exp in wireless implementation.
    but abt the cbt I'm still somehow confused ,of course I read that article abt the TS cbt and it was so helpful but it was somehow old (Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:28 am) so I asked it again if you suggest other new cbt...

thanx again.
  • Options
    Don 79 TADon 79 TA Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you are totally new to wireless technology, look at Wireless# to start off.
    so much useful info in that book
  • Options
    of course I know some fundamentals when I studied MCSE I learned some wireless basics but I saw the index of the Wireless# book and I've decided to read it.
    so I will start with Wireless# Self-Study, Exam PW0-050 and then I will read CWNA Self-Study, Exam PW0-100 (New 4th Edition!) and then the CBTs.I think it's a good plan.
  • Options
    Realize that the Wireless# and CWNA are two very different certifications. The Wireless# is a broad survey of many different wireless technologies, including 802.11, Bluetooth, and Infrared. The CWNA is 802.11 only, which is typically what employers needing wireless networking experience are looking for.

To make yourself the most marketable, I suggest finishing your CCNA then go for the CWNA. The IP networking information you learn for the CCNA will help you a lot when taking the CWNA exam. Don't bother with the Wireless# unless you will be applying for a job that specifically asks for it.
  • Options
    ok.
    thanx 4 all of your suggestions.
  • Options
    vanshieldvanshield Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote:
    What materials you need to study for the CWNA exam depends on how much you already know and use wireless networking technology. You will need at least the CWNA Study Guide. Read through the postings in this forum (especially the stickies at the top) for an idea of the other training materials available.

Is there any website that we can download the CWNA Study Guide 4th edition for free..ebooks perhaps..?
  • Options
    vanshield wrote:
    Is there any website that we can download the CWNA Study Guide 4th edition for free..ebooks perhaps..?
    Nope, sorry. The CWNA Study Guide is only available in paperback from bookstores online and store fronts and from www.cwnp.com.
  • Options
    dr_jared88dr_jared88 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote:
    vanshield wrote:
    Nope, sorry. The CWNA Study Guide is only available in paperback from bookstores online and store fronts and from www.cwnp.com.

Unless your company has an account with books24x7 :)

Probably my favourite feature about my company. I get all the tech books online I can imagine for free!
  • Options
    stilldmoneystilldmoney Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    vanshield wrote: »

vanshield, I found a copy of the CWNA Study Guide with a quick google search... Its not the latest edition, but certainly a start. BTW im new here so its been very informative reading everyone's posts. LOTS of info