Passed CEH!!!

livenliven Member Posts: 918
BOOO YAAA

I did not feel like I was doing very well on the test. But then I clicked the last button and:

95%

Ya baby!!!

Glad that one is over though. These all encompassing security tests are hard. THis and security plus were much harder than I expected them to be.

Now on the SSCP by the time I finish the SSCP I will eligible for the CISSP, so I dunno how I am going to go about it. Might finish up cisco stuff first and just go straight to CISSP.
encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.

Comments

• shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!

The SSCP and CISSP do cover different material. Suck it up and do both ;)
  • livenliven Member Posts: 918
    Thanks fellas..

Ya I will probably do both of them (SSCP and CISSP).

Having done sec+ before this test (and working in info sec) helped a lot with this test.
  • nangananga Member Posts: 201
    hey congrats........thats a good motivation for me....am planning to start studying for CEH.....please give some advice and pointers.....planning on self study...books and way of study would be very helpful.

i am a ccna, and a security+
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    Congratulations. I know you have been working on this one for a little all. What all did you do as a part of your preparation? Which resources did you find to be the most useful? I know you mentioned you work with many of the tools daily which seems to be the most important thing to me for this type of exam.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!!! Sounds like you prepared well for this one!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    Schluep wrote:
    Congratulations. I know you have been working on this one for a little all. What all did you do as a part of your preparation? Which resources did you find to be the most useful? I know you mentioned you work with many of the tools daily which seems to be the most important thing to me for this type of exam.

The biggest help was the fact that I work with network, system and application security at work.

Having said that, I used three major sources that really helped me. No single one was the "definative" book/source

1) Official course material (traded a friend for all my ccna stuff, price wise it was pretty good for both of us)

2) My company has a "books online" service and I used the offical review guide through that

3) a book called: Hack the stack, I read this last. But it really tied things together. Basically it breaks down the OSI moodel and the attacks and mitigations at each layer.

Then add in the security plus that really helped.
    nanga wrote:
    hey congrats........thats a good motivation for me....am planning to start studying for CEH.....please give some advice and pointers.....planning on self study...books and way of study would be very helpful.

i am a ccna, and a security+

start using this tools when you can:

tcpdump or ethereal
    nessus
    nmap
    hping

You will learn a lot just from doing that.

Plus they are tools that help in the real world.

Personally I use:

Nmap
    tcpdump

all the time. Especially tcpdump, but any tool that does something similar is priceless for a network or security admin.

Books....

Hacking exposed (read it years ago)
    offical course material
    hack the stack

Those are all the books I used.

If you need more detail on anything let me know I will be more than happy to help you with that.
  • SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    Thanks for the follow-up and congratulations again.
  • nangananga Member Posts: 201
    thanks a lot.....and congratulations once again...so what do u plan next ..CISSP :P
    Not sure about whats next. I am working on CCSP as we speak. I will probably try to knock out the SSCP. By the time I finish that I should have enough work exp to sit the CISSP. In all honesty that test will probably be some time next year.

For now. Going to chill for a week or so... If I can...
  • vegetaholicvegetaholic Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats,One day I will appear for it and the day will come soon. :)
    You can't kill Java because he is sun of king C.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Congratulations

sounds like a lot of fun :)
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE