Options

CCNA Exam

BouhdadaBouhdada Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I am planning to pass the CCNA exam and still not sure what`s the easy way to follow.

Do I need to take the INTRO 640-821 and then the ICND 640-811 or I can just pass the CCNA 640-801exam directly?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
Jalal
It`s all about knowledge!

Comments

• Options
    gonzonickgonzonick Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yea you can take the INTRO and ICND on seperate days. INTRO is basics of cisco networking technologies. It basically covers the first 2 semesters of the curriculum on cisco.netacad.net . The ICND covers the other 2 semesters of the curriculum. It goes more in depth on routing protocols and WAN technologies. When you pass both of these exams you earn CCNA certification. But there is also the choice of just taking the CCNA 640-801. This is one exam that covers both ICND and INTRO topics and earns you the certification. As for which is easier? i dunno i have yet to take either of them yet. I am actually deciding the same thing you are , deciding which exams to take.
    A+ Network+
  • Options
    BigLouBigLou Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Can one book prepare you for the CCNA and ICND or there are two separate books to prepare you for both?
  • Options
    quickpotquickpot Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, one book can cover both. Try the Sybex CCNA book by Todd Lammle or Exam Cram 2 CCNA. Both are great books.
  • Options
    BigLouBigLou Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks again quickpot.

Both books also cover Cisco's products, like their routers etc.?
  • Options
    quickpotquickpot Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, both books prepare you for the 640-801 exam