Question on CCNA book. Please Help!

BigLouBigLou Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys. I have a question. A few months ago I purchased Cisco's "CCNA 1 AND 2 COMPANION GUIDE, THird edition" book. I was planning on reading the book then taking the entry exam.

Recently, just out of curiosity I went over the amazon.com and barnsandnoble.com to read customer reviews on the book. The reviews were horrifying. Most of the customers who had purchased this book said there are tons of technical errors and a lot of the information in the book is just completely wrong! Most of the customers claimed to be students in the Cisco Academy and another claimed to be a CCNA instructor who said the book is horrible.

Would anybody know if this is true or not? I been studying this book for 2 months I feel now that it was all a waste. I dont know what is correct and what is not.

Cisco cant give me a straight answer. I created a case on their website and i still havent gotten an answer.

COuld anybody help? Thanks.

Comments

• MiekMiek Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's true that there are mistakes in the book as well as in the online curriculum, but cisco has released a document with some corrections for the online curriculum.

It's a good book but some things are explained to technically. It would recommend to read this book a few times so you know what's in it and buy an other book like the CCNA sybex book.

That's the way I prepared my CCNA exam.

Just don't give up ;) If you have some questions, there are people here who like to help you!

Greetz :)

Miek
  • BigLouBigLou Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Miek, so this book is still sufficient enough to pass the 640-801 exam?

Thanks for the response.
  • MiekMiek Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's the book based on the online curriculum. So you find there everything you need to know to pass the CCNA exam.

I just used the sybex book to read and check my knowledge. It's easier to read and to understand but it doesn't cover all the topics ...

Good luck with you CCNA ;)
  • BigLouBigLou Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Miek, so you passed the ccna using the book I have and the sybex book?