Options

UPDATE: Trick or TREAT CCNA

chuckzitochuckzito Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
So it was definitely a trick. I FAILED with an 821, this was my first attempt. What really got me mad was seeing every one pass on the forums lately. I thought man they must be giving away some easy test for the last chance test takers.

I was going at a good pace, there was a bunch of questions I wasn't sure on but towards then end i had say 13 questions left with 15 minutes so I was thinking okay this isn't bad then of course the 4th to last question was some simlet or some thing that had like 6 mini questions with some huge diagram and I only had 5 minutes left! I pretty much picked answers blindly on that one just so I could get to the others. Plus I hadn't eaten all day and was starving for a treat. I knew I was going to fail when I clicked submit.

On a simulation i had to MODERATED So who knows if i got credit for that question.

So I'm kind of upset I have been studying so much past two months, and i have take the cisco network academy in college all four courses. Of course everything ive been cramming the last few days wasn't on the exam, i don't think i saw any questions related to what i was cramming.

I'm going to reschedule for Nov 6th and bribe the woman at the test center.

Heres a break down. Please COMMENT on what i need to do. HELP!

Planning and Designing 66%
Implementation and Operation 100%
(Wish i could of gotten a little less here and more else where)
Troubleshooting 72%
Technology 61%

Thanks for all your information over the last few months.

PS
Is an 821 at least close? I know an 849 is passing but no clue what each question is worth. I had 53 questions.

Comments

• Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    I must have been completely in the zone. Because I never noticed any indication on how many quesitons I had left. I know at one point I looked at the clock and started to panick as I only had 30 minutes left. The next last time I looked, I had 15 minutes and I answered the next question and the exam ended.

I passed.

Not sure if it was on the screen and I did not notice it or not.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dude...tough luck on your result and good luck on your next attempt...

But you may want to edit your post and take out...you're way above the NDA limits here...
    chuckzito wrote:
    Edited by self

Yes, 821 is very close, you weren't too far off....

There are some posts that Mike have suggested for some of the categories, I'll have a look and post them for you...
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
  • Options
    Ah...I see you were MODERATED...you have to be careful what you post after taking the exam....

But here's the link to the thread that I had mentioned...

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28271

Check out Mike's post...

And here's another thread...

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28204

Again, good luck!!
  • Options
    Sorry about that as you can see i have been doing more lurking then posting... i just wanted to know if what i did was correct.

I know for the future now.

Thanks,
    Chuck
  • Options
    It seemed as though you were headed in the right direction... icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    r_durant wrote:
    I like the post in this link, since it has something for everybody :D

The exam blueprint Implementation topic makes it look like you crushed the MODERATED so don't lose any sleep over it.

Your score is easily within the "retake immediately after the 5 day waiting period" range -- if you don't let this try freak you out.

I'd guess you were 2 multiple choice questions or 1 SIMLET away from passing.... but that's only a guess (only Cisco would know for sure -- and they're not talking).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    mikej412 wrote:
    I'd guess you were 2 multiple choice questions or 1 SIMLET away from passing.... but that's only a guess (only Cisco would know for sure -- and they're not talking).

And since you got 100% on Implementation and Operation, you did well on your sims. So per Mike's ongoing wisdom, focus on what the exam blueprint suggests for Technology and Planning and Design, and you should kill your next attempt.

Mike
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    Thanks for everyones input. I will let you know the out come of Tuesdays match up hopefully it will be a treat compared to the first test.

Thanks again,
    Chuck
  • Options
    PASSED!!! with an 885... I'm so happy I can stop reading all these darn ccna books.

Planning and Designing 83%
    Implementation and Operation 83%
    Troubleshooting 83%
    Technology 84%

Even got done with 25 minutes to spare. Not like the last time when I ran out of time.
    So I actually had the same simulation I had on my first try. I also had some other questions from my firs try. Thank god that saved me some time for the other questions. Weird thing was I took the exam at a different testing center and got the same questions from my first try at the other place.

Also had a lot of frame relay questions.

The network gods are good today.

Good Luck All!!
  • Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
  • Options
    borumasborumas Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    chuckzito wrote:
    PASSED!!! with an 885... I'm so happy I can stop reading all these darn ccna books.

Planning and Designing 83%
    Implementation and Operation 83%
    Troubleshooting 83%
    Technology 84%

Even got done with 25 minutes to spare. Not like the last time when I ran out of time.
    So I actually had the same simulation I had on my first try. I also had some other questions from my firs try. Thank god that saved me some time for the other questions. Weird thing was I took the exam at a different testing center and got the same questions from my first try at the other place.

Also had a lot of frame relay questions.

The network gods are good today.

Good Luck All!!
    Congrats man, I got the same score today!!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    chuckzito wrote:
    PASSED!!!
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Looks like you handled the pressure of the "final days" just fine! :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Sweet, congratulations on the pass.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Congrats...!! icon_thumright.gif

I guess you killed the MODERATED that you were worried about in your first attempt... :D
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrsts. Good luck with the next.
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

pookerpooker Member Posts: 129 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey thats a really close passing score just sounds like maybe it was a bad day, I know if I am hungry its on my mind and I do worse so just put in a little more study time on your weak points and I am sure you will get it. ;) Also I see they didnt moderate out the passing score, saying that is against the ToS
    I wanna be ccie