Options

Group Policy & Local Profile NT/X

garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
Does anyone have any good suggestions for administering an NT server Domain with XP clients and taking advantage of the Local Group Policy on the XP machines without tweaking every single machine? Any thought on creating a profile template through "Gpedit.msc" and using that among multiple PCs for local control and having the domain user correlate with that templates local policy? Any input is helpful..Thank You

Comments

• Options
    Nevermind..It cannot easily be done. You have to create a template in MMC, then manualy give to clients (Takes awhile). So answer is----Get active Directories I guess..or tweek some settings locally with already applied domain profiles.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You might want to look into the old way doing policies: poledit, maybe that will help.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    You might be right. The policy is very straight foward. Thank You
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't know if poledit will work on XP boxes, but I have used it on a Windows 2000 TS in an NT 4.0 domain.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    I was thinking that also. I have never actually implemented it into a working environment. I know it over rides the User Manager by dropping the .pol file into a Dir. I will look over some things and use it as an option. Thanks! :D