70-290 Tomorrow (4-12-08)

IT ManIT Man Member Posts: 159
Greetings folks,

Tomorrow I will be taking my 70-290 exam. I guess I am starting to get a little nervous so I this is my way of getting it out. I always get nervous before these exams. Ah well....any words of advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars. - Les Brown

Comments

• brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    eat a good breakfast. get rested.
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Chill out, make sure you know where the testing centre is and get an early night.

Good Luck!
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • IT ManIT Man Member Posts: 159
    So I thank you all for the words of encouragement.

Now for the update, I get to the test center and eventually get seated at my work station. I then proceed through all the little tutorials and as I my test begins to load I am greeted with some sort of dll error. I notify the proctor who has to call the prometric helpdesk. After an hour or so of waiting, they were unable to resolve the issue. They only had two workstations and one was already occupied with no way of knowing exactly when this person would be finished. I opted to just reschedule my test. I thought maybe it was a sign. :D
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars. - Les Brown
  • 1MeanAdmin1MeanAdmin Member Posts: 157
    Sorry to hear that!

1 test out of 3 that I took ended the same way. So I don't think it's a sign :D
  • Spacer_08Spacer_08 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've recently taken this exam, make sure you're up to date with sus/wsus. As it turned out, there werent an awfull lot of sus/wsus for me but I heard a lot of people saying they had quite a few. Microsoft have a nice lab tutorial you can do if you havent already!
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Any idea where the wSUS lab is? I couldn't find it when I was searching.
    -Daniel
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Daniel333 wrote:
    Any idea where the wSUS lab is? I couldn't find it when I was searching.

It might be this: http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/WebCastEventDetails.aspx?EventID=1032346303&EventCategory=3&culture=en-US&CountryCode=US

Otherwise, there's a lot of guides and step-by-step information under Microsoft Windows Server Update Services Technical Library here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/default.aspx
    So today I sat for the 70-290 exam again for the 2nd time. I get there and have the same problem I had the first time with some dst file can't open. They were able to fix that problem so I was able to sit for the exam but after about 30 mins or so, I get a pop up saying that time was out and the test was ending. Maybe something doesn't want me to pass the 70-290. icon_mad.gif I have to reschedule again. I think I see a free 70-291 exam in my future.
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Sorry to hear its being a pain again, maybe time to find a different testing centre?

Third times a charm!! Good Luck!
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
    Sie wrote:
    Sorry to hear its being a pain again, maybe time to find a different testing centre?

Third times a charm!! Good Luck!

That's the thing, both times were at different testing sites.
  • RS_MCPRS_MCP Member Posts: 352
    Dont worry "IT Man" most of us have had this problem!

Keep the chin up! :)
    I guess the 3rd time was the charm. After the first two incidents, I was able to complete the test today and Passed. I want to start on my 70-291 but my job is making all of us get the security+ so I will be taking a small detour.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Congratulations on that! Security+ should only take you a few weeks so you shouldn't have too much trouble there, plus hey you get the added benefit of it being an elective for your MCSE.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/