Options

MCSE messaging

I'm eventually going to get my MCSE 2003 and was just wondering if I should do the 293 after 291 or can i go ahead and do the 284 first. I want to do the 284 because I want the messaging specialty.

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It is recommended that you do the 293 after the 291. It is also recommended that you do the 285 after you do the 284.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    wheelywheely Member Posts: 105
    Thanks for the quick reply Mishra.
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    And remember, you need the 284 and 285 to be a MCSE-messaging. You only need the 284 to be a MCSA-messaging.

Your welcome
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would go ahead and get the 29x exams done first before tackling the Exchange exams. You have to know Active Directory DNS and Windows TCP/IP, and general purpose routing and networking to be able to do well on the Exchange tests.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    blargoe wrote:
    I would go ahead and get the 29x exams done first before tackling the Exchange exams. You have to know Active Directory DNS and Windows TCP/IP, and general purpose routing and networking to be able to do well on the Exchange tests.

+1
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • Options
    ThiassiThiassi Member Posts: 167
    famosbrown wrote:
    blargoe wrote:

+1

+2
    ~Thiassi