took it friday and failed... i have a question.

majkowskidmajkowskid Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
failed with a 613.
man, i really thought i was good to go on this, but it was a LOT harder than expected. i had to drive 220 miles to the test facility too! long drive home after a fail...

time to hit the books again.

i do have a question though. one of the test questions was BROKE. it was a drag and drop question. 5 answers, 5 choices. no matter where i tried to drag ANY of the answers to, it would not take my answers. they just went back to the left side of the screen. wheni held my mouse button, and dragged them over to the boxes, a little pop up box would come up and say "false".

anyone ever have this happen before? i told the exam guy about it, and he said there is nothing he can do except have me fill in the comment at the end of the exam for that question.

not that that had anything to do with my poor score, but it made me wonder about the test a bit.

daniel

Comments

• bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    majkowskid wrote:
    failed with a 613.

Unlucky! Thats not so far off though, some further work and you'll get it. At least you've seen what to expect.
    majkowskid wrote:
    i had to drive 220 miles to the test facility too! long drive home after a fail...

icon_eek.gif "ouch!"

I've not had any problems with MS test questions like that, but I've yet to do 70-291 but hopefully that bug won't happen on mine.

Good luck for next time icon_thumright.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • helms20helms20 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    majkowskid wrote:
    failed with a 613.
    wheni held my mouse button, and dragged them over to the boxes, a little pop up box would come up and say "false".

anyone ever have this happen before? i told the exam guy about it, and he said there is nothing he can do except have me fill in the comment at the end of the exam for that question.
    daniel

Yeah I had the same thing both times I have taken this test, but I was able to insert the answers correctly. I have challenged it through Microsoft. Don't sweat it just keep studying and testing and you will get it next time.
    "Our arrows will blot out the sun."
    "Then we will fight in the shade."
  • majkowskidmajkowskid Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the words guys.

i'm going to start studying in about a week again. with work, full time college, and all these tests i've been trying to knock out, i need a week off!

on another note, just so people know, i went to the 2276 and 2277 course to prepare for this, had the cbt nuggets, and also had some test questions. should have read a book...

what's the best book out there for the microsoft tests?
    i'm about to buy one on amazon... need to know which one to get.

thanks!
  • rimvydazasrimvydazas Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Unlike other MS Press books, the one for 291 appeared quite useful for me, but that's my opinion. Since you are buying from amazon, look at the reviews.
    -= The Ray
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The combination of MS Press, CBT Nuggets, Transcender practice test, and the O'Reilly MCSE Core Exams in a Nutshell book worked for me.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • murdatapesmurdatapes Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    majkowskid wrote:
    i do have a question though. one of the test questions was BROKE. it was a drag and drop question. 5 answers, 5 choices. no matter where i tried to drag ANY of the answers to, it would not take my answers. they just went back to the left side of the screen. wheni held my mouse button, and dragged them over to the boxes, a little pop up box would come up and say "false".

not that that had anything to do with my poor score, but it made me wonder about the test a bit.

daniel

Same thing happen to me. I got it to work though. Just have to drag whatever you are dragging a little higher on the spot where you want to place it. It should take. I tried and tried multiple times and kept saying "false" like yours.
    Next up
    CIW Web Foundations Associatef(Knock out some certs before WGU)
    ITIL Intermediate Service Operations