Best A+ book

mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
Whats the best A+ book ? Just going to start studying and was wondering if there was an A+ Exam Cram for it?

Comments

• AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    According to most reviews A+ All in one by Mike Meyers. Unfortunately i can't find it so i'm currently using A+ Complete Third edition by David Groth. I've got some experience so i hope it works for me. icon_wink.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I would recco Mike Myers A+. It's available at Amazon.com, and B&N store as well. I used it, and thought it was good.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    yeh thanks guys. I went to the book store today and was checking out the A+ books...Actually looks pretty hard..to remember all of those processors and stuff.
    I am deciding on whether to pick up the Exam cram2 A+ book, Meyers A+ or the meyers all in one A+ fifth addition!
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I like Exam Cram books. But they are cram books and I believe more geared o those who know the topic better. I had 2 semesters on A+ it was Computer Architecture I & II, the book was huge. I forget the name thought. I would choose a book on your knowledge and experience.
    I just picked up the Meyers Passport for A+ at Borders Books. Hopefully it will work out. The security + booked looked really interesting!
  • bighuskerbighusker Member Posts: 147
    Just buy the AIO 5th edition. Between that, the technotes on this website and hands-on practice, that's all ya need.
  • antonio banderasantonio banderas Member Posts: 102
    icon_sad.gif I just ordered the 4th edition of Myers. Will this help me obtain the cert or do I need a newer version?
    Network/Radiation Oncology Analyst III
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Get the 5th. It covers all current objectives. I used the fourth, and didn't really cover XP, wireless, and newer technologies like Sata.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • hopeipasthopeipast Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The books i use are Scott Mueller's upgrading and repairing pcs 14th edition ,Jean Andrews A+ guide to Managing and Maintaining Your pc fourth edition, New perspectives: windows 2000 Ms-Dos command line also covers xp ,windows 98 for power users.

upgrading and repairing pcs is 1600+ pages
    A+ guide is 1000+ pages
    windows 2000 is 600+ pages
    98 power users is 800+pages
  • bigwheatbigwheat Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I teach IT at the high school level, and I use Mike Meyer's All In One book. There are a lot of differences from the 4th edition to the 5th edition. I would definitely recommend getting the 5th edition if you are currently studying to take the test. It covers all of the new objectives, whereas the 4th edition was written before the tests changed this last time. It covers all of the XP and wireless information you will need for these new tests. Mike is a little cheesy - well, maybe a lot cheesy - but he at least does it to make it so that it is easier to read and not so dry.
  • theICEtheICE Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes defently get mike meyers 5th edition its all i used to pass the test along with the technotes here and i got a fairly good score!
  • antonio banderasantonio banderas Member Posts: 102
    Guess I'll be searching for the fifth edition then.... icon_cry.gif
    Network/Radiation Oncology Analyst III