Results !

nangananga Member Posts: 201
I have heard and read ppl getting their CISSP results witihn a weeks time... I know its silly to ask but.....If someones reuslt is delayed beyond 2 weeks does it indicate failiure !! IMG]https://us.v-cdn.net/6030959/uploads/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif[/IMG...any opinions

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I can imagine it must be hard to remain patient after two weeks but I would look at it more positively: as long as you haven't heard you failed there's still a chance you passed. icon_wink.gif
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Check your spam and junk email folders. I have a friend who waited five weeks for her CISSP results, only to discover that the ISC2 email had been sitting in her spam folder. If you don't find it, email registrar@isc2.org and ask.
  • nangananga Member Posts: 201
    i a already checked for the spam folder...its been only weeks now..i guess le me wait for another 2 weeks and before I email registar....any suggestions !
    [:D]....finally got an email from ISC today... passed the SSCP associate.yoohooo [:D]..so getting a late email really dosent hurt
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations!

What's next? Are you going to start prepping for the CISSP?
    nanga wrote:
    [:D]....finally got an email from ISC today... passed the SSCP associate.yoohooo [:D]..so getting a late email really dosent hurt
    Hey, congratz and good deal! What did you think of the SSCP exam itself?
  • SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    Congratulations. Sometimes the delayed gratification makes it feel even better :).
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats! the long agonizing wait is over!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    thanks all..

The exam really makes ones think abt the ans....for me I had this strategy and I would advise others to have this one as well...

" while select the answer one should always give reasons as to why that particular option is the best among the other 4"...this startegy helped me a lot ..

Exam is more techie....and really test u on ur reasoning skills.

Next planning on CEH....I have no exp to work on..cant think any other certi to work on...any suggestions.

I basically plan to work for audit/controls/risk mgmt stuff...where should i head of.

Currently i am interning in n.w security which introduces me to n/w scanning and risk mgmt
  • Obi-LAN-KenobiObi-LAN-Kenobi Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just got the email back from ISC saying that I'm officially a CISSP! :D My test results took about 8 working days and the endorsement took about a week if you email your stuff. Shon Harris 4th Ed is the best resource!
    Congratz! It looks like everybody is getting a CISSP these days. What number are you? I'm wondering if they've hit the 50,000 mark yet.
    JDMurray wrote:
    Congratz! It looks like everybody is getting a CISSP these days. What number are you? I'm wondering if they've hit the 50,000 mark yet.

My number is 308488. Anyone in IS with DoD has to be certified IAW DoD Directive 8570.1M, so within the next few years, you will see a lot of folks ramping up for the Security+ and CISSP. I'm in the Air National Guard, so I got two weeks of paid training to cram for the CISSP.
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    JDMurray wrote:

My number is 308488. Anyone in IS with DoD has to be certified IAW DoD Directive 8570.1M, so within the next few years, you will see a lot of folks ramping up for the Security+ and CISSP. I'm in the Air National Guard, so I got two weeks of paid training to cram for the CISSP.

Keep in mind that certification number only indicates roughly how many people have ATTEMPTED the CISSP. Not how many have actually gained the cert.
    keatron wrote:
    JDMurray wrote:

Keep in mind that certification number only indicates roughly how many people have ATTEMPTED the CISSP. Not how many have actually gained the cert.

Exactly, the number is assigned when you register for the exam.
    keatron wrote:
    Actually, this number seems to be incremented for all (ISC)2 exams. The Examination/ID number of the SSCP exam I just took is very close to Obi-LAN-Kenobi's ID number for the CISSP exam.
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    JDMurray wrote:
    keatron wrote:
    Actually, this number seems to be incremented for all (ISC)2 exams. The Examination/ID number of the SSCP exam I just took is very close to Obi-LAN-Kenobi's ID number for the CISSP exam.

How do you think you did on the exam JD?
    shednik wrote:
    How do you think you did on the exam JD?
    I'm cautiously optimistic. I'll write a review of the SSCP certification experience either way.
    JDMurray wrote:
    I'll write a review of the SSCP certification experience either way.

I hope so! I'd be disappointed if that sly reference to the exam was all we got out of you.
    dynamik wrote:
    JDMurray wrote:
    I'll write a review of the SSCP certification experience either way.

I hope so! I'd be disappointed if that sly reference to the exam was all we got out of you.

Ditto :D thats what I was hinting for!

I'd also like to know how you feel the curriculum @ capella prepared you for a base of the exam.
    I just got this email from the (ISC)2 literally 15 minutes ago:
    Dear James Murray:

Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that you have passed the Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP®) examination - the first step in becoming certified as an SSCP.
    :D

Now I have the remaining steps to perform (update my resume for the audit, fill out the SSCP endorsement form, etc.) before I can attain SSCP certification. I guess the hardest part is behind me now--except for writing up my review of the whole SSCP cert process.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Horray. Nice work.

You trying to catch up with keatron? ^_^
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
    Congratulations JD!

When do you have that CISSP scheduled for?
  • SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    I guess the hardest part is behind me now--except for writing up my review of the whole SSCP cert process.[/quote]

Congratulations. That MUST be some review if it is more difficult then preparing for and taking the exam! Your posts/blogs are always excellent, but that is a really high bar of expection even for you :D. In all seriousness though, I am really looking forward to reading it.
    JDMurray wrote:
    I just got this email from the (ISC)2 literally 15 minutes ago:
    Dear James Murray:

Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that you have passed the Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP®) examination - the first step in becoming certified as an SSCP.
    :D

Now I have the remaining steps to perform (update my resume for the audit, fill out the SSCP endorsement form, etc.) before I can attain SSCP certification. I guess the hardest part is behind me now--except for writing up my review of the whole SSCP cert process.

I will be waiting patiently for the long awaited review :D once I finish my CCNP that is on my radar for next year since I should be eligible for the certification. How difficult was it for you to find an endorser?
    Mishra wrote:
    You trying to catch up with keatron? ^_^
    I figure I'll be on par with keatron by the year 2061--just in time for the next visit by Halley's Comet.
    shednik wrote:
    How difficult was it for you to find an endorser?
    There are a number of CISSPs where I work, including the CISO, so not that difficult. There are a few CISSPs here at TE that might have helped me out too. :)
    dynamik wrote:
    When do you have that CISSP scheduled for?
    Gads, the thought of the studying that I will need to do actually makes me a little sick to my stomach. If I start this month, I'll probably look to schedule my CISSP exam for September or October. I need to first check when the exam is being given near me for the rest of the year.
    JDMurray wrote:
    shednik wrote:
    How difficult was it for you to find an endorser?
    There are a number of CISSPs where I work, including the CISO, so not that difficult. There are a few CISSPs here at TE that might have helped me out too. :)

Yea I wasn't sure if they had to be a SSCP or if they could be a CISSP as well good to know since there are a few at my work as well :D:D
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    JDMurray wrote:
    I figure I'll be on par with keatron by the year 2061--just in time for the next visit by Halley's Comet.

Lol. Very funny. Considering the fact that it's only May and I have absolutely every week of this year committed to either pentesting contracts or training, I probably wont be getting any new certs this year, so you could even catch me by October if you wanted! Besides you're right there already man! Keep up the good work. And a big congrats to you. icon_wink.gif