Options

What do you think?

iliriiliri Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
HI Guys!
I am going into ccna but I am not sure if it is worthy taking classes for this exam or going into it without taking classes.
I ahve cbt nuggets I have netsims and practical exams so what do you guys think should I take classes or or just study by myself.
icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would recommend you to take the classes. The reason being is that the Prof. in your class will help you understand the material a bit more then when you study alone. You can also ask questions in class when you're not sure about a certain subject...it helps a lot!!!

I was in the same situation as you before so I decided to enroll in the Cisco Acad. at one of my local Colleges' and it did help a whole lot!!! I was able to understand the logic of networking, routing and switching more. Trust me it's worth the time. I have finished and graduated from the Cisco Acad. I just want you to know that it's a bit tough and the assestment test at the end of each chapter are tough so be prepare and don't fall behind . Hope you decide to take the classes. icon_cool.gif

As more me I'm doing my studying for the CCNA on my own now. I think I can do good in the questions when it come to the exam, BUT I'm doing the routersims like crazy. The RouterSims in the CCNA exam have been known to either make or break you. Specially OSPF. icon_sad.gif

Good Luck

BTW...
    Keep us informed of what you decide to do. :D
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    henkkhenkk Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi there Iliri and viper75,

I'm definitely going to be doing this self-study. But I wouldn't necessarily recommend that to everyone, some folks just get to grips with new concepts faster when an instructor describes it, rather than a study manual.

If you've spent time at university and have spent countless nights awake reading badly written computer science textbooks, I'm sure you'll be able to self-study the CCNA.

I'm yet to take the exam though, so may be wrong.

What I would really like to know, is how much time should I give myself before taking the exam?

Regards,

Henk
    great spirits often encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds - albert einstein
  • Options
    macam308macam308 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    henkk wrote:
    Hi there Iliri and viper75,

I'm definitely going to be doing this self-study. But I wouldn't necessarily recommend that to everyone, some folks just get to grips with new concepts faster when an instructor describes it, rather than a study manual.

If you've spent time at university and have spent countless nights awake reading badly written computer science textbooks, I'm sure you'll be able to self-study the CCNA.

I'm yet to take the exam though, so may be wrong.

What I would really like to know, is how much time should I give myself before taking the exam?

Regards,

Henk

have you ever had any kind of hands on experience with configuring routers? if not, i would highly recommend you get a router simulator so you'll know all the commands by heart. the ccna exam is very random. you can't rush through it at all. you have to know ALL the exam objectives. the last thing you want while taking the exam is to be surprised by something you don't know. i recently took the exam and passed. i studied on and off for like 3 months. then i finally set a date to take the test. i took a whole week off prior to my exam and studied everyday, reading, doing practice questions and practice exams. how much time you need to give yourself really depends on how comfortable you are. just my .02. let me know if you have any other questions, good luck.