Options

Passed.

RuroniRuroni Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
841/900

Completely satisfied too. Don't wanna reveal too much without breaking rules or something. Know your MAC/DAC/RBAC. Auditing, Logging. Social Engineering. PKI. Very few real technical based stuff.

Most of the questions seemed like: "What is the BEST option?" So less fact based, and more decision based lol.

Next? 70-290, then the "beast" 70-291. (MCSA Completion confirmed?)

Think I'm done with CompTIA certs now, unless I go back for the Linux+ sometime next year or something.

Oh and as far as difficulty, it wasn't really difficult, but more so, made you use reasoning/decision making skills, than actual spewing random facts. You don't have to know Network+ or A+ material to pass the exam.

Syngress Sec+ Study Guide is probably the best material out there for it (It's a good read, ton of info). Transcender = Overkill.

I'd say with common sense knowledge, and that Syngress book you're set. But that's me. ;)

Comments

• Options
    jdixon63jdixon63 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Also, thx for the recommendations & advice.
  • Options
    GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
    Congratulations!

Very good score. I look forward to attempting the exam next week.

What exam are you taking next?
    CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Congratulations on the good score.

Where next?
  • Options
    AnwardAnward Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congratz on the pass.

Really nice score
    Remember that when things seems to be going against you, remember that the plane takes off against the wind and not with it
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    Nishesh.PrasadNishesh.Prasad Member Posts: 185
    good job :P
    MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3
  • Options
    danclarkedanclarke Member Posts: 160
    Excellent score. Congratulations!
    -- Dan
  • Options
    RuroniRuroni Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    stupidboy wrote:
    Congratulations on the good score.

Where next?
    70-290 :)

Not sure if I want to finish the Microsoft track to MCSE, then go down the CCNA track... or get MCSA first, then CCNA.
  • Options
    hjghjghghjghjghg Inactive Imported Users Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    do you guys recommend sybex or syngress, I just bought sybex for security+ today. icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    habitual_linesteprhabitual_linestepr Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ruroni wrote:
    841/900

Completely satisfied too. Don't wanna reveal too much without breaking rules or something. Know your MAC/DAC/RBAC. Auditing, Logging. Social Engineering. PKI. Very few real technical based stuff.

Most of the questions seemed like: "What is the BEST option?" So less fact based, and more decision based lol.

Next? 70-290, then the "beast" 70-291. (MCSA Completion confirmed?)

Think I'm done with CompTIA certs now, unless I go back for the Linux+ sometime next year or something.

Oh and as far as difficulty, it wasn't really difficult, but more so, made you use reasoning/decision making skills, than actual spewing random facts. You don't have to know Network+ or A+ material to pass the exam.

Syngress Sec+ Study Guide is probably the best material out there for it (It's a good read, ton of info). Transcender = Overkill.

I'd say with common sense knowledge, and that Syngress book you're set. But that's me. ;)

Couldn't agree more!