2. Task Manager
3. System Monitor
4. Network Monitor

Also, dsquery, dsadd, dsget & dsmove.

Thanks,

Raj :)

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I was a bit flattered at first, but then I realized that specifically excluded me from the "IT Pros" group icon_sad.gif Oh well...

At this point in your education, you should really start using things like TechNet to find the answers for yourself. Microsoft has a huge library of information that's easily accessible. For example, if you simply type dsadd into the search, you're taken to a page that really looks at dsadd in-depth. The things you are asking for are just too broad for anyone here to adequately answer in a timely manner, and there is already a great deal of information available.

If you have any specific questions, post back, and we'll be happy to help you out.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Event Viewer: Let's you view errors, warnings, and information in regards to events
    Task Manager: Let's you manage tasks/services and view basic performance in regards to network utilization, memory, and cpu
    System Monitor - Performance monitor lets you send notifications based on triggers (CPU stays at 80% for 10 seconds, etc...) and lets you view performance on a system in real-time.
    Network Monitor - Good for finding what a client or system is doing when it is not working properly. Also lets you find out what port the system is trying to access in case you're trying to figure out what ports to open.

for the DS commands, Google them.

Also, not to sound like a jerk. But those are some pretty broad questions. My advice to you is:
    www.google.com
    www.amazon.com
    www.vmware.com

Let us know if you have more specific questions.

Also, I'm pretty sure Dynamik is an IT Pro. :)
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • whistlerwhistler Member Posts: 108
    dynamik wrote:
    I was a bit flattered at first, but then I realized that specifically excluded me from the "IT Pros" group icon_sad.gif Oh well....

Thats 'cause your SPECIIIIAL.

I thought that this was a question about the 4 most important tools of troubleshooting.

1 - Eyes
    2 - Ears
    3 - Nose
    4 - Mind
  • RS_MCPRS_MCP Member Posts: 352
    Thank you guys!

'Dynamik' man you got everything a click away...

I am rushing around and through so many things last minute, that I simply need information a click away!

Thank you again! :)
    whistler wrote:
    dynamik wrote:
    I was a bit flattered at first, but then I realized that specifically excluded me from the "IT Pros" group icon_sad.gif Oh well....

I thought that this was a question about the 4 most important tools of troubleshooting.

1 - Eyes
    2 - Ears
    3 - Nose
    4 - Mind

Im not to sure about No.3 'Nose'???
  • whistlerwhistler Member Posts: 108
    RS_MCP wrote:
    whistler wrote:
    dynamik wrote:

1 - Eyes
    2 - Ears
    3 - Nose
    4 - Mind

Im not to sure about No.3 'Nose'???

Oh yeah..... can you smell a burnt, dusty, smokey, musty odor. Each can tell you where to start looking for a problem or a potential problem.

A musty smell might point to a problem with the air conditioning system not working correctly which could lead to problems with the servers/equipment.

A burnt smell might be a burned out component or worse.

A dusty smell before you open a PC might speak to a build up of dust inside the case.

Smell might not help a lot but it is an important tool in the trouble shooting arsenal.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    sandhu sahab, how is the preparation going. When was your test scheduled for?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    Orite 'Whistler' you got me on that one!

But I still have to experience that...I aint even landed my first IT job yet! icon_sad.gif
    MobilTech wrote:
    sandhu sahab, how is the preparation going. When was your test scheduled for?

All last minute preps now! Test is tomorrow at 12:00!
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good luck, knock the test down...for the JATTS!!!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com