A+ OS or NET+

toddracingtoddracing Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I don't know whether to spend time finishing off my A+ or go ahead and get my Net+ since it is a little more fresh in my mind? When is the A+ OS portion going to get out of beta?

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    It is out of beta now. The new version has been around for a while. With the new format, there will always be "beta" type questions that don't count toward your score, you just don't know which ones they are, so you have to take every question seriously. Also, when did you get your A+ Core? That's important because if was prior to the revision, it is no good anymore, and you will have to take both of the new exams. Either way, I would get Net+ anyway.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • bighuskerbighusker Member Posts: 147
    Ricka182 wrote:
    Also, when did you get your A+ Core? That's important because if was prior to the revision, it is no good anymore, and you will have to take both of the new exams. Either way, I would get Net+ anyway.

If this is the case, he still has a little over 2 weeks - http://www.comptia.org/certification/A/mixandmatch.asp

I'd just finish off the OS before the Net+. The Net+ is almost a joke if you know anything about networking...Studying for the A+ OS is much more time consuming.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    bighusker wrote:
    Ricka182 wrote:
    Also, when did you get your A+ Core? That's important because if was prior to the revision, it is no good anymore, and you will have to take both of the new exams. Either way, I would get Net+ anyway.

If this is the case, he still has a little over 2 weeks - http://www.comptia.org/certification/A/mixandmatch.asp

Ooops, my bad...thanks for the correction.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • toddracingtoddracing Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Actually I took the new A+ core test in April. I have been studying net+, CCNA and CNA since then. I just have too much info in my head that wants out.