C|EH or C|HFI, I want both. Which one first?

Darkwolf2054Darkwolf2054 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
My thinking is that if I take the C|EH certification, the information I learn will help me in the real world with computer forensics as well as the C|HFI certification. Does anyone have both? I am looking at take one or the other within the next few months and would appreciate any feedback or suggestions.

Thank you,
Darkwolf2054

Comments

• shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    This one would be best answered by the all knowing keatron, he has some great posts in both of these threads listed below. His posts don't directly answer you question but as you can see he has great insight into the field and holds a plethora of security certifications including the two you had questions about. He will have the best answer I think but check these out in the mean time.

http://techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27343
    http://techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31353

Hope this helps!
  • famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    If you are taking the official course, most of the students that were in my CEH class took Forsensics first. That's the only thing I can input.
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • Darkwolf2054Darkwolf2054 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you both for your feed back. And Shednik, I will definitely check out his posts.

Regards,

Darkwolf2054
  • ROMGabeROMGabe Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't know if this helps but looking at CHFI's course outline they state that

" Prerequisites
    It is strongly recommended that you attend the CEH class before enrolling into CHFI program."

If I were in your shoes, I would look at my immediate career goals. If my workplace or job goal is more towards forensics, then I would go for CHFI. If it is more towards IT defense security, then CEH. Regardless, having both would be a valueable asset.

Good luck in your career plans!
    ----
    Studying CCENT/ICND1 (640-822)
    Future tests:
    in 2008: CCENT, SSCP, Linux+, A+,
    in 2009: CCNA/ICND2 (640-816), C|EH, CWNA, CWSP,
    in 2010: CCNP, CCSP.
  • Darkwolf2054Darkwolf2054 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    After reading the wonderful post by keatron, referred to me by shednik, I think I am going to take my C|EH first and then take the C|HFI. Also, I talked with a Sr. Security Engineer, he brought up a good point...People tend to be looking for C|EH's more than C|HFI's right now. Although I am currently employed, having the C|EH with my CISSP will probably give me a faster turnaround for job prospects then the alternative (just in case :) ).

Thank you ROMGabe for your reply.

And thank you to everyone who took the time to read my question. I really appreciate it.

Regards,

Darkwolf2054