Options

Help with terminal server

mishymishy Member Posts: 209 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am studying for the 290 exam and I have gone through the first chapters and I was quite keen on running applications on a terminal server but the MSpress book says I should have to servers to run applications on a terminal services because one is used to run the applications and the other is used for the licensing. I just need to confirm whether it is possible to run Terminal services using 1 server or I would need, otherwise is it also possible then to run a virtual server on top of the existing server and use that for terminal server lisencing.

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    "otherwise is it also possible then to run a virtual server on top of the existing server and use that for terminal server lisencing."

As virtual machines are independent from the host OS they are running on then this of course is an option.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For study purposes you can run everything on one server. Normally, the licensing component is installed on the domain controller and the applications and nothing else are on the terminal server.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    mishymishy Member Posts: 209 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thanks for the reply. I wii have to try the exercise when I have gone through the whole book and then read back and do the exercises that way. The way the MS Press book is designed is in way that it is easy for people with 18 months work experience which is recommended by microsoft but then most employees are not giving anyone a 1st line support role without an MCSA and I have gone for interviews whereby most of practical interview is based on Active Directory and Domain Controllers etc.