How much study time would you recommend for the Network +

nezzy456nezzy456 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I was wondering roughly how much study time would you recommend for the Network +?

I can spare about 20 hours a week, also once passed do these exams expire? (I know some need to be retaken after 2-3 years.)

Comments

• AnwardAnward Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello,

Well it all depends on your study ethics. individuals who are new to the field usually spend 2 to 3 months of intense preparation and it also depends on how well you can grasp the information and apply it to the questions. The good about comptia certs is that they are life time certs
    Remember that when things seems to be going against you, remember that the plane takes off against the wind and not with it
  • jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    I studied for about three months, which was probably a month too long but it was my first certification and I didn't have a good study plan down. One thing I recommend is making flash cards for the Net+ of OSI Layer, Cabling Lengths/Standards, and Ports. There are a lot of questions on those and if you know them it will help you move faster through the exam so you can focus on potentially difficult questions more. Good luck, Net+ is a lifetime cert like the post above mentioned, so no renewing needed!
  • philthyphilthy Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to thread jack, but do you guys recommend any books?
  • jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    Sybex is definitely the way to go.
  • Rogers_W_MichaelRogers_W_Michael Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im currently reading the Network+ 2005 In Depth from Thomson and it's pretty decent. I'm also using webpages like here and ProProfs.com and the great notes that peers put in the forums.

Good luck!
    MCSA: Windows XP (270) Nov 2005
    BICSI: Information Transport Systems Installer Level 2: Jan 2008
    Currently Studying for Certification:
    Network +
    Project +
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    nezzy456 wrote:
    Hi Guys,

I was wondering roughly how much study time would you recommend for the Network +?

I can spare about 20 hours a week, also once passed do these exams expire? (I know some need to be retaken after 2-3 years.)

Study time?
    Depends on how well you understand the material and how much experience you have. Varies for everyone. Review the objectives and begin there....if it's a piece of cake, maybe review for about a week and go take the exam. Otherwise, invest the time and prepare.

CompTIA exam certificates do not expire. The exams may retire or be upgraded, but once you have a cerification, it remains with you for life (at this point).

The question regarding the book to use?

Try the PDF TechNotes
    http://www.techexams.net/technotes.php
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?