Passed today

Johno045Johno045 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well i have managed to pass on my first attempted, with a score of 1000. icon_lol.gif
It was really hard going. We had problems getting the test started, and had to wait 2 hours to take the test. I glad that I waited at least it is done now. The exam was very varied across the board.

I am going, to wait, until September, to start my 70-291. Thought, that I would do the first part of CCNA in a few weeks.
If you fail to Prepare "YOU" Prepare to FAIL

Comments

• RS_MCPRS_MCP Member Posts: 352
    1000! Well Done!

How long did you spend on the test?
  • Johno045Johno045 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did the exam, in 2 hrs. I had to, so that i could get back to college and teach my class.( i am inclass at the mo)they are all going windows installations.

I also have a lot of experience on server 2003,Like 3 years, because i teach it on some of my courses, but i still found lots of the questions quite demanding.

One good thing about what i do, is that i get plent of chance to set-up different scenarios, and my students, always asking me questions, that i have to figure out. It as really helped me on the 70-290.
  • pookerpooker Member Posts: 129 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dang man congradulations my teacher recently took this and made an 830 and he said it was really tough, you must really know your stuff!
    I wanna be ccie
  • Nishesh.PrasadNishesh.Prasad Member Posts: 185
    wow :o
    MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_lol.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • IT ManIT Man Member Posts: 159
    Congrats on passing the exam. I have sat for this exam twice both time having problems starting the test and both times having to call prometric to reschedule. I thought it was just me. I have my 3rd attempt this Thursday. Anyway...congrats again man and for a fantastic score.
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars. - Les Brown
  • SROSRO Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    icon_cool.gif WOW

Congratulations icon_cool.gif
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What study material did you use?
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • ROMGabeROMGabe Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    ----
    Studying CCENT/ICND1 (640-822)
    Future tests:
    in 2008: CCENT, SSCP, Linux+, A+,
    in 2009: CCNA/ICND2 (640-816), C|EH, CWNA, CWSP,
    in 2010: CCNP, CCSP.
  • Johno045Johno045 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did the official Microsoft course, which was spread over 12weeks. This helped in digesting,all of the infomation. I also used Testout and trainsignal, video tutorials.I also created 3 different virtual networks consisting of 2003 DC's,win XP pro and win 2000 workstations. This was so that i could really play about doing different labs.

But the biggest help was my networking students, who used to mess up the class servers, and workstations.That i spent loads of time working out problems, and answering all of their questions.

In September, i will be teaching 70-270, and 70-290.through my college, as we are becoming an official Microsoft Academy, so that was another incentive to do well.

So now it's roll on July,so that i can have a well earned rest. :D
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am usually hesitant to offer congrats to someone who gets 1000 on an exam, I guess it's just my suspicious nature. In your case, however, I feel confident that your score came by honest hard work and study. Great job! icon_thumright.gif

Make sure you bring in donuts or something for your class to thank them for screwing things up enough so you could ace the exam. :P
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes good job.

And if you get a 1000 on the 291 WE will bring you donuts. :)
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Wow, color me impressed! Congratulations on that 1000.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • bojo387bojo387 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    you just made me believe! icon_lol.gif 1000 is not impossible icon_wink.gif

Congratulations!
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats man
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations, and here's to pushing for that same 100% score on The Beast.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.