problem in installing win2000 server

rajunplrajunpl Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
have freshly installed win2k server. while in set up i got this error

"An error occured which prevented the Internet name service (WINS) component from being installed or removed. The error was 0X8007045B"

and while it was preparing the final step of installation, another error came

"Error during installation of the task scheduar service : open SC manager error=1115"

another

"couldn't open service manager"

after finishing the setup and reboot before opening operating system this message came

"Atleast one service or driver failed during system startup.Use event viewer to examine the event log details".

when I open event viewer it says

" Unable to complete the operation on system log. The interface is unknown"

However, I installed all the sound and graphic driver from the restore disk and tried to connect the broadband connection. I installed the USB THOMSON SPEEDTOUCH 330 modem and it's software.and I tried to connect to the net it says

"couldnot create enry(''''+speedtouch connection+'''')"

what should I do to keep up and running with the internet connection, help will be much appreceated.

Comments

• SartanSartan Inactive Imported Users Posts: 152
    Do you have more than one network interface on the computer?
    Is your computer multihomed (belonging to more than one network)?
    Are you joining a preexisting domain?
    Is this a retail CD, or one of the.. unsavory CDS, or a slipstreamed cd?
    Are you installing Windows 2000 server or Windows 2000 Advanced/Datacenter?
    Is this an upgrade installation from a previous OS?
    If so, did you uninstall/format first?
    When was the last time you used scandisk /full or chkdsk /r ?

From the symptoms you said, it sounds like faulty hardware configuration in bios. Try disabling power management and ESCD and see what happens.
    And most importantly, you can check the setuperr.log file in %WINNT%.

Hopefully this will help you narrow it down.
    Installing a server and having it mess up is pretty bad. You definately want to rebuild, even if it's only for learning processes. If you have a computer with flaky performance at best, your learning process could include circumvention of these problems, and that's not certification process :P
    Network Tech student, actively learning Windows 2000, Linux, Cisco, Cabling & Internet Security.
  • rajunplrajunpl Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do you have more than one network interface on the computer?

>>>I only have one NIC, one built in modem, one USB dsl modem.

Is your computer multihomed (belonging to more than one network)?

>>>Not in a network at all. In fact i am planning to network with 3 home computers.

Are you joining a preexisting domain?

>>> NO.

Is this a retail CD, or one of the.. unsavory CDS, or a slipstreamed cd?

>>>This is retail CD

Are you installing Windows 2000 server or Windows 2000 Advanced/Datacenter?

>>> windows 2000 server

Is this an upgrade installation from a previous OS?

>>>THis is partition installation. I mean fresh installation after partioned by part. commander

If so, did you uninstall/format first?

>>> what does uninstall means? The whole disk was formatted with NTFS while I was loading XP pro in other partition.

When was the last time you used scandisk /full or chkdsk /r ?

>>> I can't remember. Trufully,I didn't do it. Cos whole HD was formatted with NTFS a day before installing win2k server.

Thanks for the interest. I nu this aint certification process, But this is real life process :)
  • SartanSartan Inactive Imported Users Posts: 152
    Did you put a seperate partition for Windows XP and Windows 2000 Server?

If not, do so :)
    Install 2000 first, and XP second, and make sure they each have their own drives.
    (XP on C:\, 2K on d:\)
    Network Tech student, actively learning Windows 2000, Linux, Cisco, Cabling & Internet Security.
  • rajunplrajunpl Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    They are in different partition(drives). As far as they are installed in different partition, partioned by partition commander, it doesn't matter which is installed first.
  • coltenhcoltenh Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im not sure about the installation errors but I had the same problem with Event Viewer when i installed 2000 Server. I went to Services and started the Event Viewer Service and set it to start automatically. After that i didnt have a problem with Event Viewer. To fix any problems the installation errors may have caused you might try to run a repair off the CD.
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    This could be a million things. I've gotten these kind of errors with XP installs. Try installing with the least possible hardware. The problem I had a few times was fixed by a new hard drive.